Why become a member? ×

Where to buy Sadowsky Flats in EU?

ale29

Hello, today I've been looking for some online shop in Europe with Sadowsky Black Label flats in stock, but there seems to be none!
The only one I've found was based in Italy, but I received a call from them and they basically said it actually was out of stock and refunded me.
Does anyone know where I could get them?
(US shops are not worth it tbh, long wait + high shipping price + strong dollar makes it not worth it in my opinion).
I might as well end up just buying some La Bella 760FL to replace TI, but I was more curious about Sad.

I know you weren't looking for a US shop, but I ordered a set of Sadowsky flatwounds from Bass Strings Online, they arrived in less than a week and cost slightly less in total than buying a set of LaBellas in the UK.
Alternatively, LaBella distributors might be able to get hold of them if you ask, since they're made by LaBella.

Thing is, there are many flavours of excellence :D
I've never heard about them and it would be kind of a blind purchase, I'm looking for Sad or maybe La Bellas based on research / trying other sets of flats from different makers which helped me to develop a taste regarding strings :)

Bassstringsonline is interesting indeed. Do they still make VIP prices for members of the "other american based bassists' forum" (don't know if i can mention it here) ? :)

Edited by ale29

I bought mine from Bass Strings Online too. At the time they were the best price, and not many other places sold them anyway...
Still on my bass, nearly four years now. Probably my favourite flats :)

[quote name='HazBeen' timestamp='1425481140' post='2707768']
Didn't Thomann stock them? I used to have them on my Jazz, very good flatwounds.
[/quote]

Unfortunately Thomann only stock the roundwound Sadowsky's.