Why become a member? ×

Reverse GAS?

Thunderbird

I started to sell a few basses as a fundraiser but I am really enjoying seeing the basses go and me getting a bit of space in my house again I have always hated parting with my basses in the past but not now. I think I know that they will be played and enjoyed by others instead of just hanging on there wall mounts and only being taken down once a week to polish and tune them so do I have reverse GAS?

I don't think it's reverse GAS. If it was pursued with as much passion as GAS is, you would have no basses ASAP. All you're doing is being sensible - selling basses which aren't getting sold is just logical and healthy. Makes room for ones you might want to play more ;)

[quote name='gary mac' timestamp='1424940497' post='2702070']
I have heard of this very rare condition but a little further research reveals that it is easily rectified.

For Gods sake man, pull yourself together and don't let any of our wives/girlfriends/partners know that this condition exists.
[/quote]

Lol! Top answer
PS. I mustn't let my wife know of this condition
so shhhh! ;)

So now you have some space & some cash...
.... hmmm - bet a bass would look nice in that empty space

[quote name='neepheid' timestamp='1424943008' post='2702101']
I don't think it's reverse GAS. If it was pursued with as much passion as GAS is, you would have no basses ASAP. All you're doing is being sensible - selling basses which aren't getting sold is just logical and healthy. Makes room for ones you might want to play more ;)
[/quote] Yeah think that hits the nail on the head I do feel sad having nice basses I never play and I do have a stupid amount (10 at last count) so they need to be enjoyed and the cash would be nice for a rainy day :)

Edited by Thunderbird

I have about 14 or 15 guitars and I can say hand on heart, they all get played. The only one that never gets gigged is my Cabronita and I'm trying to find a new pick up to replace the existing one, so that it will join the gigging basses eventually. I couldn't bring myself to get rid of any of them. Ok, I've got the room for them, plus I'm not desperate for money, but apart from either of those reasons, there's no way any are leaving!

From my experience, this is actually quite dangerous. A year or so ago I started to lose interest in buying, and eventually even looking for new basses. Then I found I didn't enjoy playing as much, and by October I had quit the band I was in. I have scarcely touched a bass since. My advice is get the forward GAS back quick.

I rarely hold on to stuff I'm not using. The only bass I have that isn't in regular use at present is the Ric and i know if I sell it I'll end up in a band that I need it for and have to spend a stupid amount of money on another so it stays. There are a few odds and sods in thshed that could do with clearing out but with those it's finding time to get them photo'd so I can sell them either here or on eBay. Maybe in the summer...

Edited by KevB

I have heard of this very rare condition but a little further research reveals that it is easily rectified.

For Gods sake man, pull yourself together and don't let any of our wives/girlfriends/partners know that this condition exists.
[/quote]
:D

You don't think his good lady has hacked his BC account and is on a mission :o

[quote name='Thunderbird' timestamp='1424979521' post='2702609']
...spent about 2 hours looking on Thomann and there was nothing I fancied even though Mrs T had given me the green light for a bass purchase...
[/quote]

If you're not going to take advantage of that green light for a bass purchase, can I have it please?

[/quote]

Not just the BEST answer . . . the ONLY answer!! lol