Why become a member? ×

Just pre ordered a Chowny Semi Hollow Bass

sk8

I've ordered one too - green burst. I already have a Chinese-made Coronado and am very impressed with the build quality so I'm expecting good things with this. I've no experience with this particular brand (as he's new), but I was taken with the specification for the price point, the looks and also the effort that's gone in to getting this far! 5-6 weeks for delivery of the first batch for those of us signing up now.

Steve

OMG!! These look awesome, I'm a sucker for greenburst!!! I've just bought a Starfire which hasn't even been gigged yet. I get the feeling my band don't like it!! This reminds me of a Vox Cougar or similar but hopefully sounding good and staying in tune! Can I really get one of these over the doorstep and into the man cave hmmmm?

Thanks for all the kind comments guys.

Just a few quick updates on what SK8 has kindly posted so far. We are looking to move from surface to air freight, so although I'll leave the current delivery timescales as they stand - I am looking for ways to exceed them.

There's still a week left to get in the initial order if anybody wants to (for those in this batch you get free ebony picks and a free wide leather strap too). There's a discount code "basschat" for an additional £10 off.

It means a lot to us here in the office how positive the feedback has been, it's been a hell of a job launching our own brand of bass with just 2 or 3 people.

I'll finish by posting the sound demo videos.

Thanks again! Stephen @ Chowny Bass

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSWGbunvZwQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RN5trdDk5DU

Just an update on timescales. Truss rod covers have now started manufacturing. They will take 10 days. I can take orders up until this point (15th March) if anybody wants to get in on this order.

After this there is a week of manufacturing for the guitars - plus 6 days of air freight. Allowing a couple of days for me to receive and dispatch guitars out.

Thanks everybody.

[quote name='Chownybass' timestamp='1425571926' post='2708739']
Just an update on timescales. Truss rod covers have now started manufacturing. They will take 10 days. I can take orders up until this point (15th March) if anybody wants to get in on this order.

After this there is a week of manufacturing for the guitars - plus 6 days of air freight. Allowing a couple of days for me to receive and dispatch guitars out.

Thanks everybody.
[/quote]

Fantastic! Great news everybody!

[quote name='Muppet' timestamp='1425975804' post='2712831']
I'm sure there must be more - it's just people can't tell from the thread title what it's about. I'm an optimist! :P
[/quote]

Good point. Well presented.

Just amended the thread title

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...