Why become a member? ×

It's Here! New Bass Day...Fender Content

PauBass

Thanks people!
I'm very happy with the bass, the pics don't show how truly beautiful it is.

This bass has everything I have ever wanted on a bass, from the colour combination and finishes to the awesome super comfortable and easy to play neck.
It balances perfectly when strapped and it's not too heavy.
It plays amazingly well, low action and no fretbuzz anywhere. Sounds really, really well to my ears.

[quote name='inate_hex' timestamp='1424980770' post='2702635']
Nice! Is that a mark on the F of Fender though?
[/quote]
[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1424985370' post='2702734']
It's merely the Fender mojo process at work.
[/quote]

You are both right!
Tiny little mark on the F of the Fender logo...you know, the relicing process has started! :D
Fender have offer to replace the logo any time I want, easy job as the decal sits on top if the paint... but for now, I'm not too bothered about it, I have been playing non stop...in a few weeks I might send it off to them to have it replaced.

[quote name='charic' timestamp='1425029637' post='2703040']
Please tell me that the back of the neck is painted white too! Then it would be damn near perfection :)
[/quote]

No, no paint on the back of the neck... to be honest had a Fernandes bass with the neck also painted and I didn't like the feel.

[quote name='PauBass' timestamp='1425029957' post='2703047']
No, no paint on the back of the neck... to be honest had a Fernandes bass with the neck also painted and I didn't like the feel.
[/quote]

I think it depends on the paint used but fair enough, I've played "sticky" feeling necks and know what you mean but my shuker neck is really easy to play :)

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1425030806' post='2703071']
I wouldn't bother. It could pick up worse in the process.
I'd count that as its first ding and relax!
[/quote]

Yes, I might leave it, I'm not to bothered about it.

[quote name='charic' timestamp='1425032731' post='2703112']
I think it depends on the paint used but fair enough, I've played "sticky" feeling necks and know what you mean but my shuker neck is really easy to play :)
[/quote]
[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1425033592' post='2703131']
As is my Spector neck. Very smooth indeed.
[/quote]

I agree but no painted necks for me :)

Pics of the back :)

[url="http://s105.photobucket.com/user/PauBass/media/64%20Custom%20Fender%20Jazz/F78CDB08-3E5A-42F4-BF67-7B53232B370C_zpsroncwmhd.jpg.html"][/url]
[url="http://s105.photobucket.com/user/PauBass/media/64%20Custom%20Fender%20Jazz/9CA32699-61D2-4B3B-994F-74D1DD4013CC_zpsvn6chrb3.jpg.html"][/url]
[url="http://s105.photobucket.com/user/PauBass/media/64%20Custom%20Fender%20Jazz/CB1E763B-FFD5-480D-BA13-B7FA4F62072A_zpswqisquaw.jpg.html"][/url]

That is AMAZING! I had a MIJ jazz that was exactly the same, bound no blocks and that had lollipop tuners. Its a classy look!

Just curious about the spec and ordering if you don't mind? I though anything out of the ordinary (binding no blocks, matching headstock) form the 'standard' custom shop models needed to be ordered through a master builder.

If you can get small changes and additions made without going master built, I think I can safely say a Fender CS is my next aim!!