Why become a member? ×

Control knobs don't stay on amp!

Jenny_Innie

Bit of a problem.

My TC RH750 ....... God I luuuurve it ........ has an issue. I got it out of its official TC gigbag the other day and two of the knobs were missing.

I nearly died. But ..... they was both at the bottom of the bag. Sick! Happened again next time I used it.

I've had a look at the knobs - and there's nothing wrong with them. No cracks or damage or anything - and the internal bit look okay. But they slip off well too easily, and I will lose one of them one day.

What do I do? A dab of glue? What kind?

It's still under warranty from Andertons, but I don't get I need to go that far for this issue.

Same as above, but simply using paper (newspaper, A4, Rizla; any paper will do...) wrapped around the shaft. It doesn't take much, costs very little (nowt, really..!) and is reversible. What's not to like (except the hassle of having to do it, I'll grant...). Good luck with it.

[quote name='Muppet' timestamp='1424985667' post='2702738']
Jennie, send a quick email to TC support. They have some new redesigned ones that fit better and are more solid. They'll send you some for free and theyll arrive in double time in my experience.

Steve
[/quote]
+1
I emailed them just before xmas to enquire where I could buy a replacement volume knob and shift button, 2 days later a full set of knobs and full set of buttons arrived in the post, free of charge. They accept that the earlier ones weren't great and will replace them for free.

[quote name='Muppet' timestamp='1424985667' post='2702738']
Jennie, send a quick email to TC support. They have some new redesigned ones that fit better and are more solid. They'll send you some for free and theyll arrive in double time in my experience.
[/quote]

That's excellent customer service! :) I haven't noticed this problem on my RH750 yet (but I've only had it less than a week!). I'll keep a eye open for my knobs dropping off now... ;)

[quote name='Conan' timestamp='1425023418' post='2702942']

That's excellent customer service! :) I haven't noticed this problem on my RH750 yet (but I've only had it less than a week!). I'll keep a eye open for my knobs dropping off now... ;)
[/quote]
I think the later ones have better quality knobs, so if yours is a newer one you should be fine.

[quote name='ern500evo' timestamp='1425027864' post='2703013']
I think the later ones have better quality knobs, so if yours is a newer one you should be fine.
[/quote]

It's new to me, but was bought new a year ago...

[quote name='ern500evo' timestamp='1425312966' post='2706110']
That should have the updated knobs on then, so no issues.
[/quote]

Cool. Because I do give my knob a good tug now and again... :lol:

[quote name='Conan' timestamp='1425368364' post='2706502']
Cool. Because I do give my knob a good tug now and again... :lol:
[/quote]

That's just what a young girl needs. An old man making sexual jokes in her thread in which she asks for advice. Thanks.

Edited by Jenny_Innie

[quote name='Jenny_Innie' timestamp='1425655946' post='2709478']
That's just what a young girl needs. An old man making sexual jokes in her thread in which she asks for advice. Thanks.
[/quote]

It's called innuendo and double entendre, actually - but I take your point. Sorry you didn't like it, but if you spend a bit of time around Basschat you will see that this type of puerile "humour" is quite widespread. Many of us "old men" actually enjoy it.

Maybe "BassTeenGirlChat" would be more appealing to you? You seem to make quite a few disparaging remarks regarding the age and gender bias of the membership of this site after all.

Word.

Edited by Conan

[quote name='Conan' timestamp='1425915638' post='2712140']
It's called innuendo and double entendre, actually - but I take your point. Sorry you didn't like it, but if you spend a bit of time around Basschat you will see that this type of peurile "humour" is quite widespread. Many of us "old men" actually enjoy it.

Maybe "BassTeenGirlChat" would be more appealing to you? You seem to make quite a few disparaging remarks regarding the age and gender bias of the membership of this site after all.

Word.
[/quote]

I just don't need it. If you're young and female, you go through a barrage of so called "puerile humour" everywhere you go. If you could walk in our shoes on a Friday night when you can't walk through a town centre without all kinds of lewd suggestions being hurled at you and disgusting people blocking your path unless you "go on give us a kiss" - you might understand. It means that I can't go out on my own at night without being scared. How would you feel? What about your first ever bass gig and constantly being told by drunks to get your **** out. That's puerile humour isn't it? It's really hard and has reduced me to tears a number of times.

If I provoke any sexual innuendo, then fair enough. But I don't.

Have a look at the following. This has a very familiar ring to it. Could be Bournemouth on a Saturday night. And then maybe people should think before they think puerile humour is appropriate.

[media]http://youtu.be/b1XGPvbWn0A[/media]

[quote name='Jenny_Innie' timestamp='1425928251' post='2712426']
From a moderator? Really? Should I just quit here?
[/quote]

I'm also a forum member. It's simply for balance. Why the angst..? No-one's attacking anyone, are they..? :unsure: