Why become a member? ×

***Sold*** I've kept the 115 but everythiing else gone. ***Sold***
£420

VTypeV4

Due to a slightly surprising opportunity to get my hands back on my old (and much loved) Trace Elliot V4 MK2, I have decided to see if anyone is interested getting a big all valve stack on the cheap.

The only reason this is going is to pay for the above. Despite the questionable name on the front panels, these are great bits of kit. They perform well and have proven reliable and it genuinely sadens me to see them go.

All items in great condition. Inspection and trial welcome.

BV300H:

All Valve
300W at 4 or 8 ohms
Top, Middle and Bottom Eq with a shift button
Boost facility
Balanced XLR DI out
User adjustable bias
6 x KT88
2 x 12AT7
1 x 12AU7
1 x 12AX7
All EHX brand valves

[color=#000000]Ashton[/color] 4x10:

Vented Enclosure
10 inch Celestion Drive units (TF1080)
400w Rating
8 ohms

[color=#000000]Ashton[/color] 1x15

Vented Enclosure
15 inch Celestion Drive unit (TF1525)
250w Rating
8 ohms

£420 for the lot including footswitch, power lead and speaker cables.

Buyer must collect, posting is not an option!

Or..

£250 for the head
£120 for the 410
£100 for the 115

I am willing to split although I'd prefer to move it as one..

[url="http://s778.photobucket.com/user/VTypeV4/media/AshtonWarwick.jpg.html"][/url]

More pix, details and thoughts here: [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/176021-ashton-bv300-all-valve-300w-bass-head/"]http://basschat.co.u...300w-bass-head/[/url]

Edited by VTypeV4

The head looks decent, heard good things about them. Looks very heavy tho lol.

I bet your neighbours will like you lol.

My wife will never allow me to have that in the house lol. My ashdown 30watt all valve is already causing her problem, nevermind 300watt lol.

Edited by badboy1984

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers,
Just the right size or my AE210's if stacked horizontally, would also look nice atop my Laney 810.
Could I ask about the tone, is it mid focused , ie nasally or for want of a better expression "Creamy" ?? :D
Colour me sorely tempted btw.
Cheers again,
Pete.
B)

Ha, it looks great on top of most cabs! :lol:

As for it's sound, I guess it's a perception thing but I'd say using your terms to be more 'creamy' than nasal. It has that nice, chunky low-mid focus which gives great note definition. If you use the shift function, it makes it a little more scooped but it's more of variations on a theme as opposed to a complete change of character though. When pushed harder, it's power stage becomes a bit Fender like with that smooth compression thing going on rather than gnarly angry drive even with the master flat out.

When I used it with my SWR cabs, I managed to get a very smooth Marcus Miller type sound from the Jazz and, to be honest, I thought it really shone with them. It was a bit more 'traditional rounded' and 'rock' with it's matching Ashton cabs. I think they accented it's character and with the Warwick bass it'd knock a hole in a wall and through the 'fog' of any horrible on-stage mush.

I know all these terms are a bit airy-fairy but it's the best I can do. :D

You're quite welcome to come try it through both sets of cabs or bring your own and see what you think and I'll happily make you a brew whether you buy it or not. :lol:

• 4 weeks later...

All still for sale, including the head..

I'll consider shipping the head but due to it's size / weight / delicacy, it will be expensive at around £40.

Cabs are impractical ship but I'll run a price drop on the head.

£280 shipped within the UK. B)