Why become a member? ×

Cash Converters

stubass

[quote name='BigRedX' timestamp='1425041850' post='2703300']
Is it a Marathon neck with a different headstock grafted on?
[/quote]
Was thinking the same but the fretboard looks maybe a little too clean & fresh unless it's one of those basses that have been in a closet for ages. Then taken out, had the headstock snapped off and replaced. Wouldn't be touching it with a barge pole at that price.

I'll report back with the lowdown on my p. Starting to sh*t myself now that it's an affinity with a decal lol. At least it's easy to check them out. Not easy to make out with the contrast but here's what I picked up...

http://webshop.cashconverters.co.uk/auction-item/872373/fender-precision-mexican-bass

[quote name='stubass' timestamp='1425042757' post='2703331']
I'll report back with the lowdown on my p. Starting to sh*t myself now that it's an affinity with a decal lol. At least it's easy to check them out. Not easy to make out with the contrast but here's what I picked up...

[url="http://webshop.cashconverters.co.uk/auction-item/872373/fender-precision-mexican-bass"]http://webshop.cashc...on-mexican-bass[/url]
[/quote]

They wouldn't bother trying to fake the serial decal on the back of the headstock, looks legit to me. Condition looks very good all round from the pics. If it sounds good and plays nicely it's a good buy for £250.

Edited by KevB

[quote name='taunton-hobbit' timestamp='1425052327' post='2703460']
The Cash Converters route always worries me - when they started out (some time ago now) they were the first place that our local Plod called on if someone had a video recorder nicked...'course that was back in the day............

:)
[/quote]

Not so different these days, to be honest - the last time I was burgled, they took my flatmate's laptop. The police suggested I might like to have a gander round the local Cash Converters and similar shops to see if it was in any of those. Which took a while, as there's a depressingly large number of such shops down the Walworth Road!

Edited by EliasMooseblaster

[quote name='Thunderbird' timestamp='1425065824' post='2703665']
I thought it was a decent price and the OP obviously seems happy :)
[/quote]

Thanks mate, and yes, I'm pretty happy. Distance selling regulations apply so it's going back if it's a bag of sh*t. And anything on eBay, gumtree or even here could be stolen property for all we know, not going to lose sleep over it.

[quote name='EliasMooseblaster' timestamp='1425053290' post='2703470']
Not so different these days, to be honest - the last time I was burgled, they took my flatmate's laptop. The police suggested I might like to have a gander round the local Cash Converters and similar shops to see if it was in any of those. Which took a while, as there's a depressingly large number of such shops down the Walworth Road!
[/quote]All the fishing gear was found in CC that got stolen out of my garden. Biggest legalised fences in the country.