Why become a member? ×

Building my pedal board - in which order?

BassAgent

[color=#141414][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]I almost got my pedal board finished. The only thing is: I'm not sure in which order to put the pedals. I'm going to use these pedals:[/font][/color]

[color=#141414][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]-Radial Bassbone[/font][/color]
[color=#141414][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]-Planet Waves CT-04[/font][/color]
[color=#141414][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]-Electro Harmonix Small Stone[/font][/color]
[color=#141414][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]-Electro Harmonix Memory Boy[/font][/color]
[color=#141414][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]-BBE Opto Stomp (compressor)[/font][/color]
[color=#141414][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]-Technophobia Bass Screamer (Tube Screamer-ish overdrive)[/font][/color]

[color=#141414][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]I want to have the Radial at the beginning, because it serves as a switch between my bass and Moog synth.[/font][/color]

[color=#141414][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]What would be the best order in which to put 'em?[/font][/color]

[quote name='spectoremg' timestamp='1425681434' post='2709802']
I thought compression came first?
[/quote]

There are two (main) schools of thought; Compress first, to even out playing, or last to even out effects. Of course these are just the most common uses ive seen, there are many more uses and techniques (controlling envelope/parallel compressing/ side chaining to name a few).