Why become a member? ×

Gone - Aria Pro II Cardinal Series CSB 450 'Black n Gold'
£300

Paul S

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Aria Pro II Cardinal Series CSB 450 'Black n Gold'.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]This was the top end of the range model in the CSB series - [s]through neck[/s] set neck, carved body, black bridge with bright brass saddles, Gold tuners, truss rod cover and brass nut. Gold knobs - volume and tone. Single pickup. Currently fitted with gold strings! Weighs around 8.5lbs, neck is 40mm wide at the nut. Medium/ 32" scale. , Matsumoku at its best![/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I bought it from Kukkunyan on here in a very efficient transaction. He sent it over from Tokyo - took just 3 days! I would say condition wise it is a 9/10, maybe 9.5/10 which, as the s[/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]erial number suggests it is a 1982 model, is totally staggering that a bass can be in such showroom condition.[/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] Comes with one of those weird leatherette gig bags they have in Japan. [/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]It is utterly gorgeous, a thing of immense beauty. The glossy piano black body and bridge set off the gold hardware perfectly - little details in the bridge, especially, like gold screws and springs, are just a joy. The gold strings maybe a touch ostentatious but what the heck. There was an issue with the tone pot when it arrived, replaced and now sounds exactly as it should. A noisy little chap, loud output for a passive bass and an aggressive, fairly modern tone.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]And, for me, therein is the problem - I don't like the tone. It is too honky and harsh for my liking, I prefer a Precision type thump. GAS is a cruel; mistress and, having gone to some trouble to obtain one of these beauties I find I can't get on with it. Seems a shame to have it and never use it.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I have priced this rare gem to sell at £300 collected from SS7. Postage to mainland UK - fully insured next day - would be in the region of £24. happy to ship outside but would need to quote for that. I could deliver with a reasonable distance for fuel costs or meet half way, again within reason. Bank Transfer or Paypal with adjustment for fees.[/font][/color]

Edited by Paul S

It most certainly is beautiful, Jon, and the condition is almost unbelievable.

I think the word 'rare' is over-used and devalued but it actually does apply in this case. I bought this temptress of a bass in May last year and had been on the look out for one for absolutely ages before that and in that time I've not seen another. It has taken me a few months to decide to part with it - kept getting it out of the bag to take pics, only to put it back again. :)

To the top for this absolutely stunning bass!

Trades considered - wotcha got? Money either way, depending upon what it is.

Off the top of my head I'd be interested in a passive mixing desk with on-board effects. Stage lighting. Some lightweight amps considered: GK MB 500 Fusion (I know, me and everyone else :) ), TC RH450, Orange TB 500. Bass wise, a medium scale Jazz bass JB 62M with money your way. Edit - Squier Katana. Riverhead Unicorn.

Edited by Paul S