Why become a member? ×

Paul Mcartney bass playing.

bubinga5

[quote name='Roland Rock' timestamp='1425083610' post='2703888']
IMO his playing reached a creative high point on the Abbey Road album. Here's 'something' to get you started:
[media]http://youtu.be/IrW7dlDHH28[/media]
[/quote]fantastic record.. i was thinking something more upbeat.

[quote name='KevB' timestamp='1425086168' post='2703898']
All My Loving, She Said She Said, Rain worth a listen?
[/quote]

She Said, She Said's baseline was played by George Harrison. Apparently Macca stormed out of the sessions in a huff so George just played it. Still, a great bassline.

Macca had said Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds is his definitive line. It certainly moves around the chords in the bridge in a lovely melodic manor.

Upbeat Macca? Try And Your Bird Can Sing. The bridge section has definite Jamison influence.

Edited by James Nada

[quote name='James Nada' timestamp='1425114020' post='2704020']
She Said, She Said's baseline was played by George Harrison. Apparently Macca stormed out of the sessions in a huff so George just played it. Still, a great bassline.
[/quote]

Oops, didn't know that. As you say it's a good line though. Apparently George wasn't that keen on the bassline for 'Something', too fussy for him! :lol:

'Everybodys got something to hide except for me and my monkey' from the White Album has a nice bassline that grooves along. There is also a nice little bass break which I have repeatedly ripped off. :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCE0z4V3USQ

Along with 70 million viewers I saw McCartney for the first time live on American TV February 9th, 1964. I made my mind up that night I was going to play bass guitar.

Paul McCartney has IMO a great melodic style that's useful across the board. I would say, you won't go wrong listening to any of his work. It won't be easy as I would think your to young to get what The Beatles were about.

Blue