Why become a member? ×

1980 Blazer Passive Pick-up Quandry *SORTED*

KennysFord

Hey Folks,
Some wiring help need please if possible.
I've just finished making a new Pickguard for my 1980 Ibanez Blazer and I'm in a bit of a fix re the wiring.
I got a tech to fit me an EMG BTS System to the Bass a good while back and he wired a bunch of wires to the back of the old Pick Guard into the shielding tape, no idea why but it meant cutting the wires to remove it.
Anyhoo,
I've come to fit the new one tonight and noticed there are 3 wires coming from the pickup, bearing in mind it is Passive. There's a Red, A White and what is I'm presuming is a Shielding cable. The Red is (connected to a lug on the volume pot, a white, which was connected to the underside of the old pickguard and the shield isn't connected either. The center lug on the volume goes to the board on the BTS.

I'm not sure where the white wire and the shield wires should go so any help would be very much appreciated. All the info on the EMG site relates to using one of their push fit volume pots after the BTS, My set up is with the original volume pot before the BTS.
Thanks in advance for any pointers offered, it will be gratefully received.
B)

Figured it out, now sorted.

Edited by kennyrodgers