Why become a member? ×

Pot values for a P-bass

richardjmorgan

Hiya, quick technical question for those of you who know what they're doing with this sort of thing.

I'm about to tart up my old 90s Encore P-bass copy for a bit of demo recording, and just wondered what value pots I should be using as replacements for the ones already in there. In case it makes a difference, this bass is tuned C# F# B E. There's also a possibility I might be able to borrow a SD Quarter Pounder off a pal, so not sure if this would influence my pot decision.

Cheers.

If going for the traditional Fender sound - albeit with the QPs - 250s are what they have.

But I`d recommend getting a wiring look from our very own Ki0gon - quality parts, very well put together, all you have to do is turn a couple of screws, no soldering required. And he`ll also advise on what values to get, for example if you want a much toppier or warmer sound.

[quote name='Lozz196' timestamp='1425148040' post='2704533']
If going for the traditional Fender sound - albeit with the QPs - 250s are what they have.

But I`d recommend getting a wiring look from our very own Ki0gon - quality parts, very well put together, all you have to do is turn a couple of screws, no soldering required. And he`ll also advise on what values to get, for example if you want a much toppier or warmer sound.
[/quote]

this a million times!

andy