Why become a member? ×

March Composition Challenge - GET WRITING!

Skol303

[quote name='CamdenRob' timestamp='1427098128' post='2725618']
Quite a number of entries this month... I'll have to put a weekend aside to listen to them all :blink:
[/quote]
I like it when there are lots of entries, it makes it more varied and interesting. I love some of the entries already. Of the current submissions I have narrowed it down to two. That is assuming I've not missed one. Still plenty of time though for more entries. Are we picking three again this month.

[quote name='the boy' timestamp='1427112829' post='2725822']
Are we picking three again this month.
[/quote]

Yup! We'll stick with the 'Pick Three' format for the foreseeable future. Ideally it would be good to have a "1st/2nd/3rd" choice (with the vote weighted separately - 3/2/1 points or similar), but that will have to wait until the forum is updated...

Great to see lots of entries this month! Some new faces too, and a few old friends back in the fray. All good :)

I'm hoping to get my track recorded and finished tonight/tomorrow. I've got it written (on my phone!!), but it's going to be a rush job again, as my spare time is currently dedicated to mixing an album for a mate of mine. Still, nothing like a deadline for getting things done.

Edited by Skol303

[font=Helvetica][size=3]
[size=4]Done! Managed to get it together this evening. Phew. The mix is a bit ropey but meh, who cares ;)[/size][/size][/font]
[font=Helvetica][size=3]
[size=4]I wrote the beat and synth lines for this track on my phone about a week ago (using the iMaschine app). This evening I transferred the original ‘sketch’ to my desktop copy of Maschine. Fiddled around with it. Recorded some ‘live’ bass. Exported the resulting track to Reason for some final tweaks and here’s the result:[/size][/size][/font]
[font=Helvetica][size=3]
[size=4]https://soundcloud.com/skollob/high-rise[/size][/size][/font]
[font=Helvetica][size=3]
[size=4]It’s my take on an NYC house track, with some Daft Punk-esque vocoder stuff going on. Bass guitar and vocals are by yours truly.[/size][/size][/font]
[font=Helvetica][size=3]
[color=#800000][b][size=4]While I’m here, don’t forget… the deadline for entries is tonight (Tuesday) at midnight.[/size][/b][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Helvetica][size=3]
[size=4]So there’s still time to submit something if you’re tinkering away. If so, look busy B)[/size][/size][/font]

[quote name='Bilbo' timestamp='1427189432' post='2726802']
13 entries? How cool is that?

No tag on Soundcloud. Skol just posts links to everyone's individual track.
[/quote]
thats gotta be a record....... I think with so many entries its easier picking three. I always have no problem narrowing it down to two or three but any lower than that and I start to feel guilty.

[quote name='xgsjx' timestamp='1427293793' post='2728438']
Aww man. You get well soon.
[/quote]
[quote name='lowdown' timestamp='1427295435' post='2728478']
Sorry to hear that Douglas, I hope you are feeling better soon.
[/quote]
[quote name='the boy' timestamp='1427295522' post='2728479']
Get well soon. Sorry to hear this.
[/quote]
[quote name='CamdenRob' timestamp='1427296561' post='2728504']
Get well soon :) you'll be back in no time :)
[/quote]

Cheers, lads. Back on line (for now...); we'll see how many tunes I can review this month. A bit slow and shaky, but the first (new formula...) topic is posted...

Edited by Dad3353