Why become a member? ×

SOLD *Cataldo Fenderbird * SOLD
£700

Porkpie

[color=#0000FF][font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif][size=3][b]Cataldo Fenderbird [/b][/size][/font][/color][color=#000000][font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif][size=3]A very cool, lightweight, huge sounding bass by Cataldo.[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif][size=3]A replica of the basses John Entwistle played. He got fed up with Thunderbird necks snapping so the solution was to stick a Fender neck on a Thunderbird style body, hence the Fenderbird. Yes I know he favoured precisions, but this one has a lovely jazz profile neck. [/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif][size=3]It's in lake placid blue and is just over two years old. I bought it from TommyK on here, who commissioned it (he sold it due to the imminent arrival of a baby). [/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif][size=3]To buy it new, including shipping from the states and import duty would now cost about £1100 to £1200. It has a couple of dings on the lower horn, but other than that is in great condition.
I would recommend coming to try it if you're interested, and I'll put the kettle on and break out the biscuits! I'm just outside Exeter.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif][size=3][url="http://cataldobasses.com"]http://cataldobasses.com[/url] for more info.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif][size=3]This is a great bass, I just don't use it enough, and it needs to be out there getting played.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif][size=3]Price is a very reasonable £700. *NOW REDUCED TO £650*, so even more reasonable![/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif][size=3]Specs:[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif][size=3]Hand built Solid Honduras Mahogany body with contoured back.[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif][size=3]Passive Thunder bucker pickup set up with polished nickel silver covers (designed & built by Steve Soar. Reverse engineered from 1960's originals.)[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif][size=3]One piece Fender licensed J profile maple neck.[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif][size=3]Separate bridge/tailpiece with individually adjustable string height and length.[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif][size=3]Hipshot Ultralite Clover Tuners.[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif][size=3]CTS pots, Switchcraft jack.[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif][size=3]Schaller straplock buttons.[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif][size=3]White 3 ply pickguard, plus mirror guard (on bass at the moment).[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif][size=3]Nitrocellulose Lacquer color: Lake placid blue.[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif][size=3]Custom hardcase.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif][size=3][attachment=185272:noname-4.jpeg][attachment=185273:noname-3.jpeg][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif][size=3][attachment=185274:noname-2.jpeg][attachment=185271:noname-5.jpeg][/size][/font][/color]

Edited by Porkpie

Weight please Porkpie.

What's the neck dive like on this one (when asked this, I normally put it on the strap and take a photo in a long mirror, helps with these kind of bodies)?

Should never have sold my white one, ferocious beast!
GLWTS

Oh damn you poverty! That's one hell of a good price for one of these. It'll cost you half of that just to buy the pickups and ship them over here. I wish you terrible luck with the sale in the hope that I can get the readys together before you sell it :)

Thanks for the comments chaps!

No neck dive Karlfer as I've put a strap button on the neck plate, I'll weigh it tomorrow when I can find some scales.

Yes I think it a fair price JPJ, I'm not a greedy man, and I could do with some readies as Mrs P wanted a new wood burner, and if she's happy, I'm happy!

Cheers Roland, it is a very cool piece of kit.

[quote name='Porkpie' timestamp='1425249094' post='2705611']
Haha! Go on, you know you want to, big saving on new! :)
[/quote]

It's a nice thing right enough, but there is something else with a Fender neck I need to buy first! ;)

[quote name='karlfer' timestamp='1425282816' post='2705726']
While you are at the weight Porkpie, where is truss rod adjustment please, headstock or heel?
[/quote]

Looking at the first picture, I'd say headstock end ;-)

This used to be mine. Monster sounding Bass. The pick-ups are just brilliant. Would gladly have it back if i had a spare £700 kicking around. One of only 2 basses so far that I don't think i should have sold with the benefit of hindsight (along with my Status necked Sabre :unsure: )..... Damn the GAS!!

GLWTS Neil.

Bump :)