Why become a member? ×

NBD- Steinberger spirit

lefrash

This was a drunken ebay bid that i won last weekend, £215 (i think thats quite an average price;not a bargain). Got a hard case with it.Plays really really well suprisingly. Will take me a bit to get used to the 24 frets and the pickup positions, but from first playaround having no head has not been an issue!

I know its really uncool, I dont like the colour and the steinberger decal. If I decide to keep this I might just refinish it.

Now I need to get my band mates approval...... haha

Any fellow headless players out there, any suggestions on where to get cheapish strings?

I had one of these. Keep an eye on the bridge screws; you might find they lift. (Or it might have been the previous owner... transaction was a little problematic :angry: )

And, £215 with a hard case? That looks like a good deal to me.

Edited by alyctes

For those that are interested, I rehearsed with this on Tuesday night... A gruelling 3 hour practice. And the results were great!! Such an easy bass to play. Low action, very little buzzing. The pickups are Ok, no noise from them. It sounds completely different to my jazz,but very usable. I was a wee bit worried that the pickups would be sh*te, but thankfully they're decent.

The balance is fine on it too. Didn't feel awkward in any way. One wee minor problem for me is that since the pickup is soo close to the bridge, if I use the pickup as the thumb rest, the volume I can get from the strings is much lower. I may look at installing a thumb rest just a touch further along, just to make it more comfortable for my preferences.

All in all though, looks like a keeper!