Why become a member? ×

New to Basschat!

KeithKelly30

Hi there my fellow lowenders!

My name is Keith and I'm new to Basschat. I just wanted to introduce myself to everyone.

I am a professional bass player from Sligo Ireland and i have toured and recorded with many top acts in Europe, Britain, America and of course Ireland where I am based. I have been playing bass for over 20 years now and every day poses a new challenge and a chance to learn more.

I have been collecting basses for a good number of years now and have acquired quite a collection from vintage to handcrafted boutique instruments. I am a particular fan of the vintage sound and have in my collection some old 70's Fender and Musicman basses but i don't like to take them on the road much anymore. In the last 10 years or so i have become a big fan of 5 string basses as i find them more suitable to my gigging needs and i also love the dynamic the low B brings to the mix. As I'm sure is the case with many of you I have found myself on a quest to find the perfect 5 string bass that offers the vintage sound. Not an easy one to conquer but after years of searching and a lot of money spent buying and selling I have found the right 5 string for me. I recently bought an Alleva Coppolo 1600 ltd edition. Its is a stunning bass to play first of all and also to look at, lets face it the aesthetics are very important too! I am also a big fan of F bass both Bn and Vf models, they are superbly built instruments and their tone is second to none. I love the modern vintage vibe from the Bn models, I like them so much that i own 3 Bn models, a Bn5, Bn6 and a Bnf5 (which is currently for sale on here :))

My amps and speakers of choice are EBS and Demeter. I have an original EBS 1 preamp and an EBS EPX 800 poweramp. I own 2 410 proline speaker cabs but mostly only use one for live performances. I have recently discovered Demeter Amps and have been lucky enough to receive an Artist Endorsement from James. My Demeter gear consists of a HBP1-800D and a VTDB-2B Tube Direct Box. They are both amazing pieces of gear and very welcome additions to my amp rack!

Anyway I could go on and on for days and days about bass gear as you can probably tell lol but I think I will leave it at that for today. As I said in the beginning I just wanted to introduce myself to you all and tell you a bit about myself and my bass interests. I am always available to chat about anything bass orientated so feel free to hit me up on here with any queries you may have.

Kind regards

Keith Kelly

Here are pics of some of my current gear.

Edited by KeithKelly30

[quote name='KeithKelly30' timestamp='1425327913' post='2706279']
Thanks a million Discreet and Grangur. Knowing what I'm talking about might be a bit of an over statement Grangur, more I like to think I know what I'm talking about lol! I'm a good bluffer ��
[/quote]

you will always find someone who knows better ;) , but that's all part of the craic on here :D

welcome , Oh and I know nothing :ph34r: .......................... though I am not from Barcelona :huh: