Why become a member? ×

Ishibashi low on stock?

uk_lefty

Hi everyone... the endless pursuit of the perfect bass continues. I have often looked through Ishibashi and drooled over their lefty Fender basses... But now my bonus is coming in they appear really really low on stock!!?? Anyone know if there's something afoot? Or if there's an alternative? Or is the universe just conspiring against me to force me to pay for heating and nonsense like that?

[quote name='BigRedX' timestamp='1425395274' post='2706885']
Are you looking at the Ubox or their new stock, because unless they have changed their policy recently they don't sell new MiJ Fenders abroad.
[/quote]

Whaaaaaaaaaat?! A few months ago they were still selling new MIJ Fenders abroad, and sure people on this forum have bought from them

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='uk_lefty' timestamp='1425414222' post='2707139']

Whaaaaaaaaaat?! A few months ago they were still selling new MIJ Fenders abroad, and sure people on this forum have bought from them
[/quote]

MIJ Fenders are carefully controlled for export (so that they don't flood the market and have Mexican/USA Fender models competing with MIJ models too). This is why 'export' and 'non-export' models are often discussed, because the Far East market keeps the majority of stock and exports a small minority out to other markets.

Obviously, this leads to 'non-export' models gaining a higher reputation, as people believe (rightly or wrongly, as this is subjective!) that all the 'good' models are kept for the Far East market and the lesser quality models are exported out.

I've always found MIJ/CIJ to be great quality and there are ways of purchasing non-export models that have been brought back into the UK (like John at Far East guitars etc).

Edited by skej21