Why become a member? ×

SOLD!
£2850

4low

I have finally decided to order a custom one, so I will part with my Fodera Yin Yang 4 Standard (and, by the way, also with my Emperor 5 Standard, see other posting).

Excellent condidtion with only a few tiny marks in the back.

Specs:
- Alder Body with a Flame Maple top and painted black part of the Yin Yang symbol and black dot (not sure if that's the Yin or the Yang...)
- 4-string bolt- on maple neck with Ebony finger board, 24 frets, Mother-of-Pearl dot inlays and white dot, matching headstock
- EMG P and J pickups and Mike Pope 3-band preamp, active-passive switch
- Black hardware, Gotoh tuners, Fodera non-locking bridge, Dunlop retainer straplocks
- Long scale, 19 mm string spacing at the bridge

Extremely fast neck - with great attack from the ebony fingerboard! Easy to recognize it was co-designed and endorsed by Victor Wooten. However, this bass is not only a "Slap monster" - I like it also a lot played finger style..., Like my Emperor, it sounds very homogenous in all registers - something I have only experienced in Foderas so far...

The Fodera Standard line is manufactured at Fodera's workshop in Brooklyn, by the same luthiers who build the custom instruments. The fact that they are built in batches of 10-20 instruments with no customization allowed results in significant cost savings and therefore a lower consumer price, compared to the custom Foderas.
Anyway, they are "real Foderas", with nobody else involved in the manufacturing process.
I recently had a conversation with Joey Lauricella from Fodera and he said that if he had to buy a used Fodera bass, he would look for one of the Standard models, rather than a custom one. Custom Foderas are built exactly to the specs and individual requirements of the one original owner. According to Joey, he hears often that people who check out used custom Foderas are not very impressed - which is not a surprise, considering they were made for a specific player... think of a glove: which is more more likely to fit your hand - one that comes in a standard size, or one which was fitted to someone else's hand?

Comes with the original Fodera Teardrop case and all tools and documents.

The bass is located in Munich, Germany, but I will ship within Europe at owner's expense. However, you are more than welcome to come over and check it out personally.

No trade offers, please!

Edited by 4low

I apologize for the pictures... just realized that Basschat turned them all 90 degrees counterclockwise... and whatever I do, I cannot fix it - even if I upload photos which are turned 90 degrees clockwise... I'll be happy to send pictures via e-Mail and also take more on request.
As I had questions: weight is 3.8 kilos

Edited by 4low

• 3 weeks later...