Why become a member? ×

NBD - Yamaha BB424X

planer

[b]New Bass Day - Yamaha BB424X in Vintage White[/b]

I've been suffering from the bb-gas for a while now, and this morning I appear to have 'taken my medicine', so to speak. The arrival of this particularly lovely BB424X in Vintage White has fixed the bb-gas (for now...), so that just leaves the P-gas, the J-gas, the headless-gas and of course, the raging Spector-gas...

This fine bass came courtesy of bc member briansbrew, who could not have been more helpful and pleasant throughout the whole process. Thanks for a lovely bass Brian, it really is a corker, I can't find a mark on it anywhere.

The bass tips the scale at approx 4.3Kg (9.5lbs) and balances well on the strap. I think this morning I have learnt the meaning of the phrase, 'it plays like butter' - effortless would be an apt word. I struggle to understand quite how Yamaha manage to make these for the money, the fit and finish is excellent, there are no sharp edges or fret ends, the pots and tuners have a lovely solid feel to them and the whole thing feels...finished if you know what I mean.

Here she is then, apparently photographed using a potato...

My self-imposed one-in, one-out policy means my RBX374 will be appearing soon, in a for-sale page near you. Having played this for an hour or so today, I can't see me missing it too much. The RBX is a nice bass, but this BB is something else.

Happy.
Bunny.
:) :D

[quote name='planer' timestamp='1425388128' post='2706750']
...and of course, the raging Spector-gas...
[/quote]

Spector GAS does have a tendency to rage, that's very true.
Nice Yam, though. I love a white bass me. I think I may have mentioned it before...

[quote name='planer' timestamp='1425388128' post='2706750']
I struggle to understand quite how Yamaha manage to make these for the money, the fit and finish is excellent, there are no sharp edges or fret ends, the pots and tuners have a lovely solid feel to them and the whole thing feels...finished if you know what I mean.

[/quote]

Ain't that the truth! Up to recently I owned two of these fine beasts, both the same as yours. I've just traded one for the five string version, so far so good!
I actually prefer these to the swisher 1024 version as these nail the P bass sound whereas the posher ones sound a bit different. Sw***ier pickups no doubt.
I've never had the pleasure of a 2024 though...

[quote name='Truckstop' timestamp='1425394722' post='2706869']
I have exactly the same instrument and I just don't feel the need to look at anything else. Sounds great, looks great, feels great!
[/quote]

There speaks a man truly contented. I still feel my eye wandering but when I'm playing it I can't stop grinning.

[quote name='Cosmo Valdemar' timestamp='1425395920' post='2706896']
...when I'm playing it I can't stop grinning.[/quote]

That's exactly the effect it had on me.

Thanks for your comments folks, liking the swear-filter comedy. Sw***y lol :)

Spector basses make my knees go funny... :gas: just too gorgeous.

edit: @ discreet - Visited the HOTD website this afternoon, very cool mate :)

Edited by planer