Why become a member? ×

5 String 4/4 Bulgarian Double Bass - SOLD
£2500

Not 100% sure if I want to do this or not, but I'm considering Letting go of my double bass as it's simply not getting played enough, and my lifestyle isn't showing any signs of having more time to devote to it.

This is a fully carved 4/4 5 string made by Kremona in Bulgaria for Bob Gollihur (pleasingly, that page has hardly changed in 10+ years). If I recall correctly, I ordered it in 2005 and received it in 2006. The finish is dark gloss. It's big -- scale length is around 42", and the low B is thunderous. Some small scratches but no physical issues. Strings are stock, which I believe are Helicore Orchestrals. It was set up by the Violin Shop in Glasgow when I received it, and they fitted a new bridge with adjusters about five years ago. Comes with a good quality case and stand, and I have a French bow and a Revolution Solo (2?) pickup that I will include.

Gollihur no longer sell this model, but when I last looked the list price for this bass was $3700 + shipping . Given the additional work and accessories, I think a price around £2500 £2000 seems reasonable. I'd also consider PXes for EUBs, 5+ string bass guitars, maybe 7+ string guitars.

Based in Glasgow near the south end of the Clyde Tunnel -- you're welcome to come have a try. I make a pretty good cup of coffee.

16501415247_4b5d2e3633_b.jpg&key=277d5c17f8e0da29009a401633d8efcc0f071bb9027d103b554efe2248fea85a

Edited by velvetkevorkian
sold

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Hi there, fancy an swap for an ACG custom Fretless 5? This is the link to the build... I'm the original owner. In Hiscox.

archive.acguitars.co.uk/portfolio/0116-recurve-sc-classic-fretless-5-string/

I work in Glasgow so trying etc. is easy

Andy 

• 2 weeks later...