Why become a member? ×

Ha Ha. How I have changed

scoobystig

Well not so long ago, I was all " I don't need effects pedals" and " I don't know why bass players bother with effects"

Along with the " I love the pure sound of my guitar" and " all seems pointless to me"

Well I have another gig on Friday and .......................

I now have this lots at my feet

Haha how I've changed my opinion, is it bass players preogative ?

Have recently gone from: " I don't need no steenking pedals". To:" Ooh, reverb, delay, octaver, Mooer SlowEngine, volume pedal". It sounds like a bass but also like a Cello, or a violin, or a Hammond organ or a set of bass pedals. Or: Like me but sounding mental= all those sounds at the same time. That fills the sound up. Have a good time.

• 2 weeks later...

i think that's where a lot of people start from until they start realising what pedals can do for the band / their sound..... you will then buy far too many pedals, then you will sell some, then you will have a smaller mini board, then a modular board, and at some point you might settle on a general set up..... but i think it's better to have started using them than just ignoring them because it's all a bit too much effort. I don't think pedals are for everyone, but it's good to have a play and see what happens :) enjoy!!