Why become a member? ×

Second thought on my Fender Jazz

badboy1984

I was still thinking or consider getting rid of my Fender classic 60 jazz bass since I'm using my P/J bass these days.

Decided to bring the Fender Jazz to practice last night and it gave me a lot to think about now.

Our band cover mainly 80's new wave pop rock type of song but start adding a collection of 80's dance disco funk type of music and the jazz bass does the job really well.

I never really liked the sound of the bridge pickup but I kinda liked it now.

Tone all the way down, bridge pickup full and neck pickup 50%. Was using the practice room trace elliot 15" combo and I bump the low mid up a little and the jazz bass is snapped happy.

It sounded really punchy and snappy. I really liked how it is played and sound. If I needed more low end for other songs I just turn the neck to full and back off the bridge pickup a little.

Might want to keep this bass at the end now :)

Consider I own and played this bass for the last 10 years.

Edited by badboy1984

I will probably put a lighter gauge on my jazz. Had the 45 on my p/j bass which works well, but the 45 on the jazz doesn't feel right in my hand. Just like a fretless bass, 45 or higher sounded bad on my fretless. When I strung a set of 40 on my fretless it sounded nice. Might have to do the same on my jazz.