Why become a member? ×

SWR SM 500

biggriffer

[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Hello all,[/font][/size]

[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]I need a replacement Fuse Cap Holder for my SWR SM 500. [color=#000000] I'm after a fuse holder for the main fuse. It's the part labelled "O" on the rear panel map on the manual, as seen here - [/color][url="http://support.swramps.com/manuals/pdfs/SM500_OM.pdf"]http://support.swramps.com/manuals/pdfs/SM500_OM.pdf[/url] I've emailed Fender, who haven't got back to me, was wondering if anyone on here had any suggestions about where to try?[/font][/size]

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Cheers,[/font]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Ben.[/font]

Is it the whole fuse holder or just the bit that unscrews to allow you to change the fuse?

Difficult to tell from just a drawing, but it looks like a standard fuse holder, so somewhere like Maplins should have one. You may still have to buy the whole holder even if you just need the cap.

If it's the whole holder, then any replacement part should do so long as it fits in the back panel hole and will hold the appropriate value fuse. That is so long as it isn't soldered directly onto a circuit board, in which case you are going to have to get the exact part.

• 3 weeks later...

I love these old SWR amps, it's such a shame that Fender are so slow when it comes to spares nd advice. I've just finished refurbing an early Jackson Dinky with a Floyd Rose licensed trem system, and needed to check the specs of the particular unit; all my emails were met with polite but vague responses, despite providing the serial number of the instrument. Not that great in the customer services department.

Hope you get sorted soon mate, the old SWR kit is too good!