Why become a member? ×

new bass dead!

Funky Dunky

About a month ago I took delivery of a brand spanking new Sterling Sub Ray 4. I have only plugged it in a few times, never for any more than half an hour, and I have never left it plugged in. I have kid gloved this bass since the day I got it, it has never been bumped or dropped and I haven't touched a thing other than the standard volume/tone and EQ controls.

Just plugged into my amp there and it's dead. Not a sound. It's not the lead, nor is it the amp. I have tried both with another bass and they are fine. I wouldn't have the thought it would be the battery - like I said, it's a month old and hardly been used.

Any ideas?

I bought it from Thomann and I don't want to have to incur the cost and inconvenience of sending it back to Germany til they look at it (although I will if I have to). I will nip out and buy another battery and try that, but this has me concerned on such a new bass.

I should add: when I slap a string, there is a suggestion of life through the amp. Not exactly what you'd call a note, but a 'response'.

Edited by Funky Dunky

[quote name='Funky Dunky' timestamp='1425818742' post='2710987']
Yeahitwasthebatterypleasedon'tshoutatme.

thankyou. *scurries away embarrassed*
[/quote]Glad it was resolved so quickly, if tinged with rosy cheeks.

Edited by ezbass

[quote name='Funky Dunky' timestamp='1425818742' post='2710987']
Yeahitwasthebatterypleasedon'tshoutatme.

thankyou. *scurries away embarrassed*
[/quote]

Everyone, or at least almost everyone, overlooks the obvious from time to time - If you've never had an active bass before, it wouldn't even be that obvious.