Why become a member? ×

Sitting in comfort - K&M

timbass

Interested in your thoughts Basschatters...
Thought I'd better try out playing seated. I tried a chair or two to suss it out, it felt good enough to persevere. Why? Playing 3 x 1hour jazz/standards sets was making my legs, back and right arm ache a bit, nothing bad, but why suffer discomfort? Sitting on my [url="http://www.thomann.de/gb/km_stehhilfe_14046.htm"]K&M throne[/url] is brilliant. I find it easier to play slide between notes, do vibrato, play arco, get my right hand closer to the bridge when I need it and turning the music pages is so much easier. And I can do a three hour gig without any discomfort.
Interested in your experiences...

[quote name='timbass' timestamp='1425765151' post='2710573']
Interested in your thoughts Basschatters...
[/quote]

I'm a drummer, and, imo, the drum throne is one of the most important pieces of kit one can invest in. Why more folks don't play (any instrument...) sitting comfortably beats me. If you're happy with your playing that way, then continue, and jolly good show, sir. I approve. :i-m_so_happy:

I've used one of those for ages at rehearsals, both on DB and on electric bass. They're even better if you get the backrest too!

I found mine way too heavy and clumsy to carry around though. Most of the bands I'm involved with rehearse in my space so that makes it easy for me.