Why become a member? ×

Hello...

7tenths

Hi, an ex-drummer (30 + years) just recently taken up the bass and enjoying it, long time 'lurker and reader' here on BC. Started with an RBX260 'gifted' to me by a friend (thanks Mark W...I'm sure he lurks on here somehwere).

Having firmly committed to the love of the instrument I have also acquired a Yammy BB404 fretless which I do love and also (yesterday) did the deal on the Trans-Blue ATK300 in the 'for-sale' section here on BC.

I have a little Kustom 15w practice amp (also gifted by Mark W...thanks Mark), as well as a grunty little Trace Elliot BLX80. Only a single pedal (Zoom B1on) which just seemed too good to pass up on at Thomann. My next purchase will probably be a 'Stinger' pre-amp for the BB404 from David at 'Probass'.

Thoroughly enjoying exploring all those bass-lines I have loved over the years :)

Anyway...hello to one and all...
[attachment=185979:Me II.jpg]

Edited by 7tenths

Good morning, [s]Traitor[/s] 7tenths, and ...

[sharedmedia=core:attachments:167528]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Much here to inform, amuse and share.[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] [/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]One is never an ex-drummer, simply resting one's sticks for a while... ;)[/font][/color]

[quote name='7tenths' timestamp='1426351399' post='2717246']
He he he....resting ones sticks...true...actually, it's only 'cos I've lost 'em that I turned to bass ;-)
[/quote]

Yes, I, too, am a renegade; I'm only here to drum up interest in the future drumchat.co.uk. :lol: I keep askin' 'em to get it up an' runnin', but they're a slow old lot. :rolleyes: One day; one day...

So... Birch or maple..? :mellow:

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1426359578' post='2717354']
So... Birch or maple..? :mellow:
[/quote]

Maple for bass...birch for shells....I do miss my old Yamaha (birch).

Actually...before I get the whole can of worms that is the 'maple/rosewood' diatribe....I'm going on 'looks' only. My BB404 sounds great with it's sleek rosewood board :)

Edited by 7tenths