Why become a member? ×

Precision bass pickguard posting - What do you use?

Noisyjon

Hi All,

I need to send a P bass pickguard in the post and am having trouble finding something suitable that's not sold in quantity - I only need to send one once!

The advice I've had is a cardboard envelope and guessing an Amazon-like packaging thing. I dunno :lol:

Any tips, pointers & help would be much appreciated, thanks.

I've sent on sandwiched beween 2 sheets of brown-box cardboard, with parcel tape round the edge.

It worked.

Edit: Ahh, no... That was a Jazz pickguard. Totally different animal.

So, I've no idea what you can do with a P pick guard :blink:

Edited by Grangur

[quote name='gary mac' timestamp='1425997541' post='2713216']
Last one time I posted one, I sandwiched it between 2 pieces of hardboard and then in to a padded envelope.
[/quote]
[quote name='Grangur' timestamp='1425997820' post='2713223']
I've sent on sandwiched beween 2 sheets of brown-box cardboard, with parcel tape round the edge.
It worked.
[/quote]

Thanks Chaps, Good ideas and I'll keep an eye out for some card or hardboard.

I post mine as mentioned above really - placed in soft plastic bag & then sandwiched between corrugated cardboard within a padded Jiffy Bag. Royal Mail Second Class Recorded delivery is around £4.00 as it's quite a big package.

If Mr Postie is rough he could break any big & flat package really - but so far touch wood Touch Wood TOUCH WOOD I've never had a problem.

Never sent one, but if I did it would be like this.

Two sheets or heavy duty corrugated cardboard one big enough to cover the pick guard lengthways and the other widthways (when the corrugations are at 90° to the first.

Fold the first sheet in half and put the pick guard inside. Tape shut. Fold the second in half and put the package inside. Tape the edges securely. Because the corrugations run at 90° to each other it won't be possible the bend the package easily.

[quote name='TimAl' timestamp='1426457290' post='2718276']
I post mine as mentioned above really - placed in soft plastic bag & then sandwiched between corrugated cardboard within a padded Jiffy Bag. Royal Mail Second Class Recorded delivery is around £4.00 as it's quite a big package.

If Mr Postie is rough he could break any big & flat package really - but so far touch wood Touch Wood TOUCH WOOD I've never had a problem.
[/quote]
[quote name='BigRedX' timestamp='1426506655' post='2718537']
Never sent one, but if I did it would be like this.

Two sheets or heavy duty corrugated cardboard one big enough to cover the pick guard lengthways and the other widthways (when the corrugations are at 90° to the first.

Fold the first sheet in half and put the pick guard inside. Tape shut. Fold the second in half and put the package inside. Tape the edges securely. Because the corrugations run at 90° to each other it won't be possible the bend the package easily.
[/quote]

Great advice there Chaps and thanks for sharing.

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='Grangur' timestamp='1428143552' post='2738407']
I fail to see the problem really. Correct me if I'm wrong here, but has anyone had a pickguard arrive in the post where Mr Postie has succeeded in folding it in half to go through the letter box?
[/quote]
If Mr/Ms Postie tried, the first thing to go would be the projection where the controls fit. I think that's the worry, which would obviously be far less with a Jazz pickguard.