Why become a member? ×

Function Band seek Soul/Disco/Funk Bassist with BackVox

lefunk

**** please note this following vacancy has now been filled. Thanks to everyone who got in touch ******

Hi,

We are a South Manchester based wedding and party band with a great reputation built over the last five years and bookings secured in to 2016.

Our repertoire comprises classic dance hits from the 60s to the present day with a bias towards 70s

Disco. (e.g. Chic, Stevie Wonder, Marvin Gaye, Kool and The Gang, Sam & Dave, Ceelo Green, Daft Punk, Jacksons etc).

On average we play around 3 or 4 paid gigs per month, all in the North West. Mainly private functions, but occasional Manchester area pubs dnd clubs.

We rehearse once or twice a month in South Manchester.

The band comprises semi-pro members (i.e. with day jobs!) and pro musicians.

Age does not matter but for the record our ages range from mid 20s to Late 40s.

Our current bassist has kindly offered to gig with us until a suitable replacement is ready so there is plenty of time for the right person to prepare. We will even provide you with play along tracks of the band both with and without bass included to help with this.

The person we take on must have:
- natural feel for, and love of disco funk and soul
- good backing vocal ability
- versatility to occasionally play other popular styles (e.g. we learn and play wedding first

dances)
- Own bass and amp suitable for stage use
- Own transport
- Smart and professional appearance
- Confidence on stage
The following would be a bonus to us
- Occasional Lead Vocal ability
- Slap Bass ability
- Natural ability to interact with an audience
- Ability to help store and transport some of our PA equipment to gigs

If interested please provide demos and details of previous experience to [email protected]
To get an overview of what the band does and to listen to existing demos visit our website

www.lefunk.co.uk

cheers
Dave

Edited by lefunk

I immediately thought of you, Stuart, and I know that you know the band well. I can tick most of their boxes, apart from BV's, occasional lead vox, and slap bass. I have tried singing, but I sound like a pig stuck in machinery. My slap bass sounds like that too. Other than that, I'm their man!

Solo – forget slap, you probably won’t need it. I spent the last year removing as much of it as I could, not entirely by choice. It so happens that the material of my guitar strap is such that it has gradually lengthened so the bass is just above my belt; for me that means it’s almost impossible to slap/pull, so I’ve replaced most of that stuff with straightforward picking style. There are one or two songs where, if you can slap, it’ll sound great, but it’s by no means a requirement and by no means detrimental if you don’t do it.
As for BVs & occasional lead I can’t really comment. I’m pants at both.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...