Why become a member? ×

String Identifiying

Did a search, couldn't find similar in any similar topics. So thought it'd be okay to post this.

Well I've been playing about on my Jay Turser, and I must say the strings on it feel really nice.

Now whether that's due to age as these look like old strings, hence I believe they were put on by the old owner not the shop. So I'm guessing they couldn't help.
They possibly may be half rounds as these feel somewhat smoother than the roundwounds on all my other basses (Rotosound swing, Nexus, and Some Fender own Brand)

Blue string windings at the headstock.
And red at the ball end, and the ball ends appear silver in colour not gold etc.

Some pictures.

Just incase someone can point me to what these could be. And then I can find out personally if it's the strings themselves or the age. (Plus I can get the fretboard cleaned up, This girl has seen some action it seems)

Edited by SolomonHelsing

[quote name='SolomonHelsing' timestamp='1426934555' post='2723573']
Ah thanks, i'd read through that but obviously missed that.

Well They're maybe worth a shot incase they've swapped round since then haha.
[/quote]

Looking at the silk at the bridge, it looks typical of Fender strings. But I don't know of any Fender strings that use 2 different colours. They certainly don't seem like half-rounds, though. Definitely rounds, and probably steel. That (slightly) narrows the area that you need to search to find out what they are. I hope you find some good info soon :)

[quote name='StringPing.com' timestamp='1426961594' post='2724139']
Looking at the silk at the bridge, it looks typical of Fender strings. But I don't know of any Fender strings that use 2 different colours. They certainly don't seem like half-rounds, though. Definitely rounds, and probably steel. That (slightly) narrows the area that you need to search to find out what they are. I hope you find some good info soon :)
[/quote]

Well that sure seems like good info to go from so thanks :)
I've got two or three certain packs, and now two or three makes to go look at :).