Why become a member? ×

Herts Bash 2015 - Sunday 14th June, 12 to 5pm

TheGreek

[size=6][b]EDIT: Some questions about cost - the entry fee is £10 - all proceeds from this event go to the venue[/b][/size][size=6] [b]and everybody buying raffle tickets will leave with at least one prize worth more than their outlay. [/b][/size]

Breaks Manor Youth Centre
Link Drive
Hatfield
Hertfordshire
AL10 8TP

How to find the venue:
http://www.breaksmanor.org/howtofindus.html

Also been in contact with some manufacturers who have agreed to support this (and other) future Bashes. Some very generous offers of donations for the raffle - can't say too much at this stage but if it all pans out we're going to have a real treat for raffle ticket buyers!! [b]The links I'm building now could result in some generous offers of donations for YOUR bashes in the future too.[/b]

[b]Finally, the raffle itself... £5 for five tickets. See the last post on page 2 for details of raffle prizes.We're happy to accept donations from those attending - last year Bassface2k10 generously donated an acoustic bass, Dr of the Bass some pedals and various bits and pieces from other BCers.[/b]

[b][i]Remember all the proceeds from this event go to the venue - a Youth Club that is struggling with funding and to stay open but provides young people with somewhere to go and so much more..[/i][/b]

Though we've yet to set a date I'd be interested in how much interest there will be. Last year's list bore little resemblance to those who actually attended so please only add your details if you're definite - makes catering for the event sooo much easier.

Previous events:
[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/231828-herts-bash-2014-sunday-6th-july/"]http://basschat.co.u...unday-6th-july/[/url]
[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/199015-mid-hertsnorth-london-bash/"]http://basschat.co.u...th-london-bash/[/url]

Please cut and paste below:

[b]Attending:[/b]
TheGreek

Great stuff, Mick. When you have narrowed down the date, I'll put my name on the list.

Everybody - Mick is saying the truth about his contacts with manufacturers. With your help, we can think of interesting ways of getting them to help us carry out tests, comparisons, experiments and similar.
I will tweet this thread tomorrow, and pin it to the top when we have decided on the date. In the meantime, feel free to read the photoblogs of the previous Herts and South East bashes by following the first link in my signature. :)

Edited by bluejay

[b]Attending:[/b]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]TheGreek[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Grangur[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Lozz196[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Sibob (pending date)[/font][/color]

[quote name='TheGreek' timestamp='1426513913' post='2718651']
The venue is about a 10 minute walk from the station - if you need a lift from the station on the day I'll be happy to accommodate...
[/quote]

much obliged... although a Ten minute walk sounds fine unless it's tonking it down with rain then I may require assistance :blink:

I'll bring a Wal MK3 6 String... Either my current one or the new ziricote one if it's built by then... :) and if Mrs C can be persuaded to attend / carry some gear I'll bring my incoming Peterbuilt Fretless Jazz.

Very much looking forward to it.

Edited by CamdenRob

Hi Mick, definitely interested (subject to date of course) - last year's event was great fun, really friendly atmosphere. Would definitely recommend it to anyone not sure. I'm also working on something that might allow the donation of a raffle prize or a bit of sponsorship as well - will PM you if it comes off...

• 2 weeks later...

I've spoken (well, emailed) the Facilities Manager again today and tried to negotiate a SUnday in June - hoping for [size=5][b]Sunday 14th June[/b][/size] - how do others stand on this?? No major sporting events (some Cricket but that goes on for a lifetime anyway).

[quote name='CamdenRob' timestamp='1426514385' post='2718662']

much obliged... although a Ten minute walk sounds fine unless it's tonking it down with rain then I may require assistance :blink:

I'll bring a Wal MK3 6 String... Either my current one or the new ziricote one if it's built by then... :) and if Mrs C can be persuaded to attend / carry some gear I'll bring my incoming Peterbuilt Fretless Jazz.

Very much looking forward to it.
[/quote]
Mrs G will almost certainly be there too. So Mrs C wont be the only non-bass player there. (Assuming Mrs S doesn't play bass, of course)