Why become a member? ×

Help! What 4x10??

fleamail

[quote name='lukeward2004' post='27832' date='Jul 6 2007, 11:16 AM']Withi that price Bracket, i would go with the Hartke 410xl or 4.5 XL.

Push the boat out a shade and it would be a Tech Soundsystems ND410 cab (like Doods old ones) and ill hopefully have one soon![/quote]

+1 certainly!

[quote name='bassboy115' post='27543' date='Jul 5 2007, 05:42 PM']i wonder how many hartke reccomendations u get?[/quote]

I tried a VX 410 a few months ago and was not impressed. Very little fundamental bass note, very nasal sounding. This was in combination with a Hartke 2500 bass top. Unimpressed. :)

This is the cheapo end of the Hartke range however, and the more expensive brethren should be another pan of lobsters entirely. Not being able to test them I wouldn't know.

Just avoid the VX series is my advice.

[quote name='ShergoldSnickers' post='28722' date='Jul 8 2007, 07:25 PM']I tried a VX 410 a few months ago and was not impressed. Very little fundamental bass note, very nasal sounding. This was in combination with a Hartke 2500 bass top. Unimpressed. :)[/quote]
I gigged a VX410 for a couple of years and found it to be fine. It is a budget cab mind, and you get what you pay for I guess. Sounded a lot better with a non-Hartke head though.

[quote name='ste_m3' post='28871' date='Jul 8 2007, 11:01 PM']Also an aguilar 4x10 on our FS section which would get a great cab and a few great nights out too![/quote]

That gets by vote too.
£350 too! Will leave you plenty of cash left over for a nice cover for it.

Edited by joegarcia

[quote name='ShergoldSnickers' post='28722' date='Jul 8 2007, 07:25 PM']I tried a VX 410 a few months ago and was not impressed. Very little fundamental bass note, very nasal sounding. This was in combination with a Hartke 2500 bass top. Unimpressed. :)

This is the cheapo end of the Hartke range however, and the more expensive brethren should be another pan of lobsters entirely. Not being able to test them I wouldn't know.

Just avoid the VX series is my advice.[/quote]

Im inclined to agree that the VX series has always let Hartke down on reputation - but what I can add is that the VX cabs are absolutely nothing in comparison to thier XL brothers.

The XL cabs have always had a very clear, defined, tight sound, with the Aluminium cones. I think the VX have paper cones?