Why become a member? ×

howdy ho from Kent!

Modman

Hey everyone I am Jake. I'm 28 and have been playing on and off for about 15 years now. I also dabble in sound engineering, Djing, live sound etc.

I have just recently got together with a good bunch of people to form a funk and soul function band based in Kent.

I currently own a maverick nemesis s5 and a fender precision with flatwounds running through a peavey tour 700 and a 90s trace elliot 2x10 cab.
Pedal chain includes korg foot tuner, mxr bass comp, mooer envelope filter, orange crush overdrive and Marshall delay pedal.

I am also looking to upgrade to a substantial 6 string bass and a pair of 1x12 cabs.

Have a good day!

@ras52 Indeed it does....

My 6 string (soon to be) I am looking to purchase within the next week or so and my cabs I should have enough saved by september.

I am currently looking at the EBS classic lines for cabs at the moment, they do look very tasty and for the price they're fantastic!

[quote name='Modman' timestamp='1426601354' post='2719713']
@ras52 Indeed it does....

My 6 string (soon to be) I am looking to purchase within the next week or so and my cabs I should have enough saved by september.

[b]I am currently looking at the EBS classic lines for cabs[/b] at the moment, they do look very tasty and for the price they're fantastic!
[/quote]

Might know someone who would sell theirs and they are from Kent

[quote name='Modman' timestamp='1426613732' post='2719872']
I am south east side in Deal and yes the maverick works well, lots of tonal options and we do 80s/90s funk and soul, not your usual motown stuff :)
[/quote]

Small world! I grew up in Deal (a long time ago mind - High Street was actually a road in those days! :o ) and quite a lot of my family still live in the area. Don't know if Jazz is your thing at all, but I'm quite keen to know if Ian Shawcross is still around...

Oh, and welcome to the Pleasuredome. :)

Oh wow! I've not been in Deal long, I moved about 5 years ago with my wife but yeah I do enjoy my Jazz (currently busting my chops through the real book volumes at the moment) but not sure who Ian is, I will definitely keep ears and eyes open for him though.

[quote name='JTUK' timestamp='1426709068' post='2721210']
Ian Shawcross has just retired, I think. Not seen him gigging lately
[/quote]

He would have to be 70 or so by now.

@Modman, he's a trumpet player. He's been a staple of the local music scene since I was a teenager - I actually worked for a while in his record library on Victoria Road. Long time ago; long, long time ago.

• 6 years later...

Welcome!! Intrigued by a 6er in a funk soul band, but then I grew up with Bootsie et al so I know little of these new things😃

Seems there's an overstock of bass players in Kent, never realised so many of us - something to do with keeping the bottom end of the country nailed down.