Why become a member? ×

SOLD - Ampeg SVT 3 Pro USA
£420

JapanAxe

I am getting this up for sale before I change my mind as I do love the sound of this amp. However I have just put down a deposit on a very special and rather expensive amp head, and I can't avoid selling either this or my Streamliner to free up funds and cupboard space, not to mention keeping Mrs Axe at bay!

This is (I believe) a late 90s SVT 3 Pro, i.e. not one of the earlier 'III' models. It was built in the USA and is a substantial bit of kit. It can be rack-mounted (2U) as long as you ensure adequate ventilation. It delivers 450W RMS into 4 ohms, or 275W RMS into 8 ohms. You can find a summary and the owner's manual on [url="http://www.ampeg.com/products/pro/svt3pro/"]this page[/url].

For those not familiar, the 3-band EQ (with selectable mids) is built around three 12AX7 valves (not just a token one!), there is a switchable 9-band graphic, and there is a further 2-valve stage (one 12AXY, one 12AU7) which drives the MOSFET power section. The control labelled TUBE GAIN actually controls the plate voltage in this driver stage - once you have set your stage volume, you can create some valve compression by backing off the control (thus restricting the headroom); or turn it up full for maximum dynamic range.

This is not one of those amps that has yielded its full potential by 10 o'clock on the volume control. It will happily run with the master at, say, 2 o'clock (as I always did), and there is room in the gain structure to extract more volume by using the level control on the graphic if you wish. There are plenty of posts on BC which attest this is not the 'quiet' amp some have claimed!

Everything works. Some of the push switches make a slight pop when operated, and the exterior is somewhat scuffed and worn. The only notable damage is to the DI level pot, which has been broken off. The shaft can still be turned, and the ground lift can still be operated by pulling on the end of the shaft. (Please! This is a family forum.) These amps need to be properly biased to work at their best, and I have fitted a multi-turn trimmer pot to make this easier. It is currently optimally biased, and should not need further attention. You can see what I did [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/235017-nad-ampeg-svt-3-pro/page__view__findpost__p__2446435"]here[/url], and there are various gut-shots in the same thread.

The current (Far East built) SVT 3 Pro's retail at £889 at GAK. I am asking [b][s]£420[/s] [size=5][s][size=4]£375[/size][/s] £345[/size][/b], less than half the new cost, and [b]UK delivery is included[/b]. You can save yourself £20 by collecting from me in Swindon or Oxford; other meet-up type arrangements by negotiation.

Please ask any questions about the amp here in this thread, but keep discussions about money etc to private messages.

SALE ONLY for the reasons given above!

Edited by JapanAxe

Now also considering trades for the following:[list]
[*]D'Addario Chromes - 4 or 5 string sets, 32"(medium), 34" (long) or extra-long scale - [u]unused[/u] complete sets
[*]Aguilar Octamizer
[*]Hotone Nano Legacy Thunder 5W bass head
[*]Voodoo Labs Iso-5 power supply
[*]Fulltone OCD version 1, 2 or 3 (but not 4)
[/list]

If this is still here by the next time I get paid, I'll take it off your hands.

Would you post to Newcastle?

Edit: Known on Ultimate-Guitar under Fisheth24 and have done many deals on there. Ebay is the same name.

Edited by Fisheth

[u]Price match price drop![/u]

I am aware there is another SVT3 Pro for sale on BC at £325 collected, so I am reducing my price to [b]£345 delivered[/b] in the UK, which equates to [b]£325 + £20[/b] insured delivery.

Updated trades list:

D'Addario Chromes - 4 or 5 string sets, 32"(medium), 34" (long) or extra-long scale - unused complete sets
Aguilar Octamizer
Hotone Nano Legacy Thunder 5W bass head
Voodoo Labs Iso-5 power supply
Ibanez or Maxon TS808 or TS9

I have now covered the cost of my new amp from other sources so happy to wait for the asking price or very near offer.

New updated trades list:

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]D'Addario Chromes - 4 or 5 string sets, 32"(medium), 34" (long) or extra-long scale - unused complete sets[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Aguilar Octamizer[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Markbass Micromark 801[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Voodoo Labs Iso-5 power supply[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Maxon OD808[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Aria Sinsonido fretless[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I am planning to use the amp on a function gig next Friday but cash in my hand (or bank account) would convince me otherwise![/font][/color]

Edited by JapanAxe

[quote name='ChunkyMunky' timestamp='1431111954' post='2767989']
Bump! Tried this out at a bass bash and it sounded darned awesome. Would recommend!
[/quote]

Thanks for that!

All PMs replied to.