Why become a member? ×

NBD Peavey Foundation

wotsy

Hello all, I'm Baz, quite new to Bass. I just bought a Peavey Foundation for 100 quid including a hard case, just wondering if anyone could tell me when it was made, the serial number is 06590889. Sorry about the photos being a bit blurry.

[attachment=186940:DSCN0504.JPG]Was that the one on gumtree ?
That,s the best £100 quid you,ll spend.
I,ve got a 84 foundation and it,s my go to bass ,just twiddle the knobs and you,ll find loadsa sounds all good.
Well built,sound great,feel good in the hand,Jazz on steroids a lot of people say-I agree.
Looks like super ferrite pick ups,later ones had VFL pick ups,ferrites are more aggressive which I like.
One on right 84 foundation with super ferrites,Forum 95 on left with VFL pick up.
Look after it and play it to bits

Thanks, I'm amazed no one bought it before I could get 100 quid together, it was on Gumtree for a week, he said he had a loads of enquiries from ppl wanting him to courier it but it was to be picked up only. I know most ppl prefer the earlier Foundations with the line round the head but this still feels/sounds great to me.

Edited by wotsy

[quote name='bassmachine2112' timestamp='1426701841' post='2721043']
[attachment=186940:DSCN0504.JPG]Was that the one on gumtree ?
That,s the best £100 quid you,ll spend.
I,ve got a 84 foundation and it,s my go to bass ,just twiddle the knobs and you,ll find loadsa sounds all good.
Well built,sound great,feel good in the hand,Jazz on steroids a lot of people say-I agree.
Looks like super ferrite pick ups,later ones had VFL pick ups,ferrites are more aggressive which I like.
One on right 84 foundation with super ferrites,Forum 95 on left with VFL pick up.
Look after it and play it to bits
[/quote]

Cheers, yeh it's the one off Gumtree, i didn't realise they were the super ferrite pickups. I've read a lot of Foundation reviews and most ppl seem to prefer the SFs but some do prefer the VFLs.

[quote name='kodiakblair' timestamp='1426702725' post='2721058']
Congratulations of your first Peavey. May there be many more go your way :D

Concern yourself not with SF Vs VFL. If you haven't play either before how can one be better ?
[/quote]

Thanks, yeh your right, I'll just enjoy playing it

That's a mid-nineties Foundation. Mine is (was) a '92 and had the same body shape, bridge base plate and Super Ferrite pickups, but has a different headstock shape and logo. Your headstock design came slightly later. The body of mine was pretty knackered (absolutely bumped by the seller) so I found an early '80s body and bridge on eBay so it's a bit of a bitsa now. The Super Ferrites are excellent, and it's a lot of bass for not a lot of money.

Edited by Jono Bolton

• 1 year later...

When I said "I'll let you know where to go" it wasn't meant in the swearing way lol
It's not me selling it, I pawned it in, it was an emergency and couldn't afford to get it back out so I lost it, hard times and all that. It's not in the well known pawn shops though.

Edited by wotsy

[quote name='kodiakblair' timestamp='1487504211' post='3240222']
Bloody hell !
If the pawn is selling it for £90 then I don't want to think how little they gave you.
[/quote]
I think it was 50 or 60 quid I got, that included a solid case too, case weighed a tonne, it was a real emergency, I'd buy it back if I could, I'm not after sympathy, I'd like to see someone grab a bargain!

Hiho I have jonjo boltons Foundation now and after a wee tweek to suit me and sort out the scratchy,stiff pots it,s a cracker.
Great basses and well built,I have an 84 sunburst as well and these old basses get gigged a lot and they are completely stable and the fit and finish has stood the test of time.
They also sound very good and once you set them up -it,s plug in and play.