Why become a member? ×

Something similar to the Diabolik?!

TheBadger

What is it that sets this pedal apart form the rest?! After watching lots of videos and listening to lots of sound clips, it seems to be on a different planet from other fuzz pedals.

I'd really like one, but can't see it fitting into the music I'm currently playing. Can't really justify £110 for a pedal just to play around with. BUT I REALLY WANT TO PLAY AROUND WITH ONE! Is there any other pedals out there similar and cheaper than the diabolik?

Cheers

Kieran

Behringer SF300 Super Fuzz (£18) - crazy sounds, not as much low end as the Diabolik though, but cheap and fun to mess around with:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pn3t9CCchEg

Mooer Fog (£40):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnVPj3CNPEE

Or just order the Diabolik, you can get it for £91 delivered today from Prymaxe with the 20% discount they are running today!

Got to have a play with it last night at band practice...... WOW! What a monster!!! Hit a new level on the Richter scale.

Didn't have a whole lot of time to dial it in, but found a setting that I liked. Fuzz at 11, clean around noon, and the squish right down to about 8-9. Cut through the mix perfectly. Turned the squish up a little and rocked out with the drummer, whilst the guitarists looked on in despair!

I have little experience with effects, but so far, this is at the top of my list! So much fun.

Cheers

Kieran