Why become a member? ×

Yamaha SLB200 and Full Circle

joescartwright

I'm thinking of putting a full circle on my Silent Bass and have seen that a few other people have done it and liked the results.

I was just wondering if anyone know which sized adjusters to buy? I don't have a calliper to measure the current ones so any info would be super helpful.

Cheers!

From the sound clips I've heard,
The Yamaha Silent bass sounds pretty amazing, and very like an acoustic DB
It's worth trying the Fishman on the bass, of course, as an experiment....

Let us know what you think - I'd be interested to know how it compares

• 2 weeks later...

I got the full circle and wasn't too impressed, it was pretty nasal and took a lot of eqing to get a good sound.

Then I tried the yamaha pickup with my Fdeck pre, sounds pretty darn good, probably should have thought of that before i spent a fortune on a pickup!

Thank god for Thomann returns policies...

[quote name='Jhowhdheyieh' timestamp='1427664822' post='2732897']
I got the full circle and wasn't too impressed, it was pretty nasal and took a lot of eqing to get a good sound.

Then I tried the yamaha pickup with my Fdeck pre, sounds pretty darn good, probably should have thought of that before i spent a fortune on a pickup!

Thank god for Thomann returns policies...
[/quote]

Did you try rotating the pup a few degrees either way? Can make a big difference.

I would check that as well, a 1/4 turn of the wheel is designed to make a difference in sound.

Also check the bottom of the bridge is flush with the "hot" side of the pickup as per the fitting instructions - I thought the Full Circle was a big improvement over the stock p/u on mine.

I double checked the fit and played around with the rotation of the pickup bit it just wasn't the sound I was after. Each to their own I guess.

I've found that the stock pickup is super sensitive to the placement of the bridge within the little plastic bit, If i move it even a tiny bit from where it's currently set it sounds dreadful but there's a sweet spot where it sounds genuinely pretty good. The Fdeck hpf pre makes a world of difference too, I don't like the sound at all without it.