Why become a member? ×

NBD: G&L L2000 Tribute

Skybone

I'll get some snaps and post them later. Itching to try it out at rehearsal through a proper amp, as just plugging it into the B3 & headphones isn't giving the kind of tonal possibilities that everyone keeps talking about. Sounds nice with both pickups in paralell and passive mode.

Really nice to play, as I like the chunky necks (I was between the L2000 and a BB424), as the G&L has the wider neck, it won (though I do still quite fancy a BB424 at some point, if a Ric or Rickenfaker don't come up first).

Edited by Skybone

I have one with a maple fingerboard that I bought new about 5 years ago... Maybe more. Anyhow, love it. I learned to leave the active switch in passive position. Especially when recording. Also, series (middle switch up I think) absolutely steamrolls live or rehearsal. Love the sound on the neck pickup with those settings. Both pick ups on helps cut through noisy guitars as the mids seem to come up a bit. Try dropping the bass and treble knobs back a bit too as that seems to give right good balance to the EQ meaning easier to cut through without going volume crazy.

Good luck with it. Built like tanks too.

Got my L2500 trib from GBBL a year and a bit ago and have been delighted with it. I use it almost exclusively in passive and still had to drop the pups to tame it!

It sounds immense through my LM2 and BF compact, but last night at rehearsal I plugged it through my new Tonehammer 500 and it was another level - try that combination if you get the chance.

Andy