Why become a member? ×

Why I sold my Rickenbacker Bass

Bronner

[quote name='ubit' timestamp='1427190052' post='2726810']
Forgive me if I've missed something obvious, but how did everyone know he was American?
[/quote]

I think it was obvious from both his lack of understanding of common idiomatic British English, and his slightly smarmy passive-aggressive argumentary style. The latter is very recognisable if you frequent [s]TalkBass[/s] - erm, US-based forums.

J.

[quote name='ubit' timestamp='1427190052' post='2726810']
Right, I've spent ages reading through this whole thread. Forgive me if I've missed something obvious, but how did everyone know he was American?[/quote]
[quote name='Bassassin' timestamp='1427205659' post='2727112']
I think it was obvious from both his lack of understanding of common idiomatic British English, and his slightly smarmy passive-aggressive argumentary style. The latter is very recognisable if you frequent [s]TalkBass[/s] - erm, US-based forums.

J.
[/quote]

I just assumed from the way he couldn't spell "vigour".

[quote name='leftybassman392' timestamp='1427208521' post='2727181']
If they banned people for Iffie Inglish this place would be all but deserted! :lol: :ph34r:
[/quote]

I went to a restaurant where all the courses contained seafood. The plaice was desserted.

I say give the guy a break.
So he didn't like Rickenbackers, that doesn't mean he doesn't have other valid opinion.
I liked his insistence to add harmonium to everything, that could really add to a bands sound.

[quote name='ras52' timestamp='1427208704' post='2727189']
I went to a restaurant where all the courses contained seafood. The plaice was desserted.[/quote]

I was there 4 nights ago, I thought it was quiet for a Saturday but it turned out it was for the the hor's dourve herring.

[quote name='Big_Stu' timestamp='1427230373' post='2727728']

I was there 4 nights ago, I thought it was quiet for a Saturday but it turned out it was for the the hor's dourve herring.
[/quote]

It's a shame because they used to fillet that plaice every night!

I cod have sworn I saw Alex Salmon eating there recently, complete with kipper tie and ray-bans. Me thought, "minnows who that is: it's that Scottish Salmon chap. Looks a bit pike-y in that getup." The band was good though: it was Walter Trout.

Edited by leftybassman392

[quote name='leftybassman392' timestamp='1427276687' post='2728065']
I cod have sworn I saw Alex Salmon eating there recently, complete with kipper tie and ray-bans. Me thought, "minnows who that is: it's that Scottish Salmon chap. Looks a bit pike-y in that getup." The band was good though: it was Walter Trout.
[/quote]

Was he support for Stickelback?