Why become a member? ×

Where Are You Gigging This Weekend ?

blue

[quote name='blue' timestamp='1427229123' post='2727694']
Yeah, the Gold Top gets a lot of compliments. I have been gigging a lot with the Gold Top and my Gibson ES-335 lately. I'm surprised that many guys are not aware that Gibson makes a Gold Top bass.

I would love to see that Cream LP.

Blue
[/quote]

Here are my LPs

Originally bought the Antoria because it was cheap. I then added EMG,new hardware, replated etc - spent more than it's worth but is lovely. Then got the Cherry, then the Black, then the White, then and at last the Triumph which has now cured my GAS (although I am tempted by the Gold top)

Hope you like em

Andy

Edited by Bassmonkey

Those LPs look the business Andy - particularly the black!

We're playing the Black Horse in York this Saturday (28th) midway through a weekend long cider festival :gas: . I shall not be imbibing due to the likely impairment of my musical abilities! Driving too...

[quote name='Bassmonkey' timestamp='1427300358' post='2728574']

Here are my LPs

Originally bought the Antoria because it was cheap. I then added EMG,new hardware, replated etc - spent more than it's worth but is lovely. Then got the Cherry, then the Black, then the White, then and at last the Triumph which has now cured my GAS (although I am tempted by the Gold top)

Hope you like em

Andy
[/quote]

Nice! Very cool collection.I like all those colors.

I have a Gibson Thunderbird. The LP Gold Top and their ES-335 bass, so I'm set with Gibson.

Enjoy those LPs

Blue

[quote name='Toddy' timestamp='1427310389' post='2728767']
Busy week, Reading Hexagon tonight, Telford Oakengates Theatre tomorrow,and Sunderland Empire Theatre on Sat,,took my old Warwick this week, engineer still prefers the active Jazz..
[/quote]

Nice, sounds like my kind of weekend.

Stay focused in control and have fun Toddy.

Blue

[quote name='chaypup' timestamp='1427313862' post='2728845']
2 gigs on Saturday in Cardiff - haven't left much packing down/setting up time :unsure:

Going to try and make the South Wales Bass Bash beforehand too!
[/quote]

2 gigs in one day? Nice! :)

Blue

I'm playing at The Fleece in Horbury near Wakefield with The Undecided this weekend. Never been before, looking online it looks alright, recently refurbished. Sports oriented so probably quite a lively crowd too. Also can't gauge the size or shape of the place, so working out what PA I'm taking is a bit of a pain! Could be interesting!

http://www.fleecehorbury.co.uk/gallery-8215.html

[quote name='inthedoghouse' timestamp='1427319005' post='2728952']
The Terrace Inn, Stoke-on-Trent

I've never been there before but I'm told it's a good rocking night - I hope so :-)

[/quote]

Nice looking place. I hope you have an interested lively crowd. You should let us know how easy the load in and out is as well as the stage size.

Blue

Edited by blue

[quote name='goblin' timestamp='1427320723' post='2728986']
I'm playing at The Fleece in Horbury near Wakefield with The Undecided this weekend. Never been before, looking online it looks alright, recently refurbished. Sports oriented so probably quite a lively crowd too. Also can't gauge the size or shape of the place, so working out what PA I'm taking is a bit of a pain! Could be interesting!

[url="http://www.fleecehorbury.co.uk/gallery-8215.html"]http://www.fleecehor...llery-8215.html[/url]
[/quote]

Heck, your working this weekend, consider yourself lucky. A lot of guys aren't.

Have fun and don't sweat the small stuff.

[b][u]Off Topic Local Milwaukee WI News;[/u][/b]

[i]The possibility of [b]The Rolling Stones [/b]playing in Milwaukee has reached fever pitch with a billboard, which includes the Stones’ symbol — and rumors that not only is the group coming to Milwaukee, but that they would play at the Marcus Amphitheater on the Summerfest grounds June 23rd. Other stops on the North American tour could include Nashville and Indianapolis.[/i]

My “Inside” information source says there is a deal for 6.23.15 at the Marcus Amphitheater, the night before Summerfest opens, and they are just finalizing it.

Guys, The Marcus is a very small outdoor natural amphitheater. I'm going no matter what the tickets costs.

Blue

Edited by blue

[quote name='goblin' timestamp='1427320723' post='2728986']

[url="http://www.fleecehorbury.co.uk/gallery-8215.html"]http://www.fleecehor...llery-8215.html[/url]
[/quote]
Wow! Horbury! I was born there and lived just round the corner from that pub up to the age of about 6. Look out for the Blue Plaque on Tithe Barn street.:)

Edited by MoonBassAlpha

This Saturday we are playing at the Spinning Wheel in Paignton, Devon. There is a big charabanc trip for a load of freaks, hippies and general music fan types from Oxford, they pretty much take the place over for music Friday and Saturday and acoustic/poetry etc. sunday lunchtime. It's a bit of a hoot, though god knows what the locals think of it. It's a nice venue with a great atmosphere, and a cool balcony overlooking the dancefloor and band. My band is opening the Saturday slot, so I'll be able to have a few beers with no driving after. Result!

[quote name='Bilbo' timestamp='1427385979' post='2729763']
Jazz East at The Fludyers in Felixstowe, Suffolk. My own little Jazz venture. This week I get to play with Phil Robson and Christine Tobin (again :lol:). Details at www.jazzeast.vpweb.co.uk

[/quote]

Sounds like a cool gig.

BTW, great photo!

Blue

[quote name='MoonBassAlpha' timestamp='1427373530' post='2729478']
This Saturday we are playing at the Spinning Wheel in Paignton, Devon. There is a big charabanc trip for a load of freaks, hippies and general music fan types from Oxford, they pretty much take the place over for music Friday and Saturday and acoustic/poetry etc. sunday lunchtime. It's a bit of a hoot, though god knows what the locals think of it. It's a nice venue with a great atmosphere, and a cool balcony overlooking the dancefloor and band. My band is opening the Saturday slot, so I'll be able to have a few beers with no driving after. Result!
[/quote]

Sounds like my type of scene. Have fun.

Blue

[quote name='leschirons' timestamp='1427386721' post='2729778']
First gig in a new venue. Apparently it's tiny and our drummer seems to have borrowed a tiny jungle kit so we can all fit in :huh:

Still, it'll all be down to what the audience is like (and the food)
[/quote]

Will the bands volume be an issue, as in keeping it down?

Blue

[quote name='Bilbo' timestamp='1427385979' post='2729763']
Jazz East at The Fludyers in Felixstowe, Suffolk. My own little Jazz venture. This week I get to play with Phil Robson and Christine Tobin (again :lol:). Details at www.jazzeast.vpweb.co.uk

[/quote]

Nice music stand - did the audience walk out :D

Woods wine bar asked us back for easter (we were there a few weeks ago, and we are back there in may already)

[IMG]http://i405.photobucket.com/albums/pp133/alienrat/woods_zpstlstqlxi.jpg[/IMG]

The joy of woods is that door behind me in the picture. You can load your stuff straight through that door, then it is across the road to the car park!

[quote name='Woodinblack' timestamp='1427395771' post='2729948']
Woods wine bar asked us back for easter (we were there a few weeks ago, and we are back there in may already)

[IMG]http://i405.photobucket.com/albums/pp133/alienrat/woods_zpstlstqlxi.jpg[/IMG]

The joy of woods is that door behind me in the picture. You can load your stuff straight through that door, then it is across the road to the car park!
[/quote]

Looks cool.

The 3 Rs;

Rebook,Rebook & Rebook

Blue

We're playing at the Ex-Servicemen's Club in Bicester. We're finishing at 1.00 am, and I would usually get home at 2.30 am, but because the clocks go forward I won't get in till 3.30 am - hey ho!

The last time we played there a lifting bollard decided to rise back up under the singer's car - lifted it right off the ground. He wasn't very pleased, so I'm hoping he'll be in a better mood this time. It's a good venue for playing in because they do a lot of dancing, but not easy to load and unload there.

I joined this band (Bluestreak - www.bluestreaklive.co.uk) in January 2013, and since then we've worked hard to build up the set - we can play for nearly two and a half hours now, so it should be a good night. Once I'm there and all set up, I'm happiest on the stage, I get a bit fed up with sitting around.