Why become a member? ×

Precision Bass Neck - Dots & Binding *SOLD**
£80

I bought this neck because I love the look of 1966 Jazz Basses, the ones with bound necks but dots not blocks on the fingerboard, I fitted it to my bass for a few weeks but as much as I adored the look I couldn't get on with the P bass size of it, it just feel alien after decades of Jazz Basses.

Standard Fender pocket size, nice snug fit on the P bass body I had it on.

It's essentially brand new but I matted down the gloss finish a little with imitation wire wool, I didn't remove the finish so it could be buffed back to a gloss if you wanted that look. There are a couple a dings in the headstock as I thought it looked way too new for the bass it was attached to. I lemon oiled the fretboard and it's all the better for it. I filed the nut slots down a little from stock as I find new necks always have the nut to 1st fret action too high.

Truss rod at the heal end and it's of the Allen key type.

As you can see there is some nice flaming to the maple, the binding is slightly creamy looking rather then stark white.

[s]£75.00[/s] [s]£70.00[/s] £65.00 posted the the UK mainland, less if you want to collect if from South London.

Original Ebay listing is [url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251617084769?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT"]here [/url]

Possible Trades: Elephant Ear Hipshot Ultralites, Stingray Eq, SD Antiquity P pick-up, Zoom B3, Classic SR5 pick-up, White Jazz Bass body or Telecaster guitar body.

[attachment=187136:Headstock lr.jpg] [attachment=187137:Whole Neck lr.jpg]

Edited by Rumple