Why become a member? ×

NEW Barefaced Retro Two10

Jazzneck

[color=#000000][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]FedEX delivered Friday morning so I was able to check everything through at home much to my wife's chagrin.[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]A beautiful, well made cabinet which looks right, smells right and sounds great.[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]So off to the gig the same evening in a medium sized coastal pub.[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]I arrived with the guitarist and promptly surprised the rest of the band by walking in with my bass (Limelight passive Precision) on my back, TB500 in my left hand and BF in my right hand.[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]The drummer fell about laughing, inferring that puny kit like that was not going to cut it.[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Set up and decided to wind the band up further by putting the cab under a table in the corner of the stage area - more hilarity.[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]We then plugged in and sound checked.[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]I won't type the language that was used but the message after three bars of "Can't Turn You Loose" was for me to turn the volume down![/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]So the amp settings went to: Gain @5%, EQ flat, Master @10% and the landlord moaned that the volume was OK but his bottles were rattling and moving on the top shelf. [/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]"Why?", he asked.[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]"Real bass", I replied.[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]A bit of head scratching on my part resulted in me using my little Behringer BDI21 as a pedal to give a bit of controllable tone shaping.[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3](I found the active / passive pad on the TBs input at the end of the gig. I'll probably have to use that active pad in most situations in the future).[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]A great gig ensued. The punters were happy, we were happy, the landlord was happy enough to book us back for a gig in May and again for his mini beer festival during the August Bank Holiday.[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]More to the point,[b] I[/b] am extremely happy and glad that I made the decision to go with the RetroTwo10 as the replacement for my old Ampeg 410HLF.[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]So, at this stage all is good.[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]I have the sound, punch and more than enough volume whilst I'm saving my back.[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Great stuff![/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]I'll let you know how things pan out at different gigs in the future.[/size][/font][/color]

Edited by Jazzneck

[quote name='sifi2112' timestamp='1427013976' post='2724589']
I do like the look of one (or two) of those cabs.
[/quote]
[quote name='Huge Hands' timestamp='1427107609' post='2725736']
...one is normally more than enough!
[/quote]

Was going to say that one cab would probably suffice in most situations...