Why become a member? ×

Blimey, the thread about the Rickenbaker thread is kicking off too!

yorks5stringer

I've never tried one. I did have a shot many years ago, but it was for a few seconds and I never got the chance to muck about with it, so really , as I say, haven't tried one. I would love to have a real good go, plus so many people play them, they must be good.

Im pleased for the guy who sold it, ticking off things that don't suit you is a life long process. Im also pleased for people who like them. So Im pleased for everyone who has an opinion on the subject, but not sure they want to hear this at that table, Im staying at the bar.

Is it me?

Posted by Acidbass in 19th March

"Hi all,

A band I play with have been offered a run of gigs in the USA this May. Perhaps 5-10 performances.

Regards wage - we will probably only make enough to cover costs such as flights, accommodation, food and so on.

Has anyone done anything like this before?"

Posted by Bronner today :

"30+ years playing gigs in the US. I don't know what State(s) or Cities you're planning on playing in, but I'm not optimistic because few places in the US support live music. (Of course, it depends on who the band is ... Jeff Beck is playing with ZZ Top for 160 USD for cheap seats.) "

Nothing like being a 'mood hoover' is there?! For some people life is just one big half empty glass.

Few places in the states support live music? Wow! That's one helluva statement!

I find it hard to believe this chap is a troll, because his posts are written quite well or semi normal. Then again, maybe he's a clever troll, who balances these wild statements with half truths.

I hate picking on someone just because they have posted something controversial,but .........let's be honest, some of the statements are pretty wild!

[quote name='ubit' timestamp='1427137912' post='2726327']

I find it hard to believe this chap is a troll, because his posts are written quite well or semi normal. Then again, maybe he's a clever troll, who balances these wild statements with half truths.

[/quote]

The Duke Of Wellington once said: "I don't know how many grains of sand one needs to make a heap, but I know a heap when I see one."

It was obvious (to me, anyway) that he was a troll from his very first post.

Why the quality of the writing or apparent "clever"-ness should enter into it is a complete mystery to me. Are you suggesting that only semi-literate morons can be trolls?

[quote name='Happy Jack' timestamp='1427190773' post='2726821']

The Duke Of Wellington once said: "I don't know how many grains of sand one needs to make a heap, but I know a heap when I see one."

It was obvious (to me, anyway) that he was a troll from his very first post.

Why the quality of the writing or apparent "clever"-ness should enter into it is a complete mystery to me. Are you suggesting that only semi-literate morons can be trolls?
[/quote]

Not at all mate, it's just that in my, perhaps, limited experience of trolls, they are usually much more obvious in their condemnation of something. I thought some of his arguments had weight. It wasn't like he was being abusive towards Ric users, just the guitars. He did indeed , create chaos in his wake, so I suppose job done.
As I say, my experience of trolls is usually someone who gives abuse just to get a reaction, which usually tends to be someone of limited intelligence, because why would rational people do this?
Maybe I'm just too sheltered. :)

Nah, I can see where you're coming from and it's not hard to understand, but my experience of pondlife has been rather different.

For me, trolls are people who post things designed purely and simply to be provocative, to get a rise, to try to wind people up.

That clown Bronner wasn't posting about his experience to share it with us, or so that we could learn from it, or because he thought we might find it funny.

His very first post was a rant about a one-off experience that he claimed to have had some years ago. By a bizarre "coincidence", that experience happened to feature the most controversial manufacturer (in Basschat terms), the one about whom there are the strongest views, and the one most likely to lead to a row.

He was obviously pulling the chain to see who'd flush.

And then it emerges he's apparently a Yankee operating through a disguised IP address.

Trolls are, almost by definition, devious.

Trip-trap, trip-trap ...