Why become a member? ×

GENZ BENZ CUSTOMER SUPPORT

bridge

I am sure someone has posted this before, but I am at work and not a great deal of time to search, so, after contacting Fender, using same email as when I last contacted them about streamliner 900 blue lights, to ask about a perceived loss of volume on my 900, without using gain, I recieved the following reply. As I said, probably old news, but there may be a few old gits like me, who missed it!!

[size=2]Hi Ray,

Fender is no longer supporting Genz Benz products. Genz Benz is part of KMC which is under new ownership in the USA. Please contact KMC directly for support: [/size]

[b][color=#1F497D]Chris Cretella[/color][/b]
[b][color=#1F497D][email="[email protected]"][email protected][/email][/color][/b]

[b][color=#1F497D]KMC Music Inc.[/color][/b]
[b][color=#1F497D]55 Griffin Rd. South[/color][/b]
[b][color=#1F497D]Bloomfield, CT. 06002-9005[/color][/b]

[size=2]It may be a few weeks before they can supply replacement parts so in the meantime I’d recommend taking the amp to a good technician for inspection. You may find that it can be repaired locally. [/size]

Edited by bridge

[quote name='tauzero' timestamp='1427207693' post='2727160']
Looks as if KMC have all the non-core brands like Takamine now. Fender concentrating on their core business and letting everything else sink or swim under a holding company?
[/quote]

It certainly looks that way, they've hived off everything they didn't know what to do with...some good brands there as well 😕

Guest monsterthompson

I'd suggest reaching out to Agedhorse on TalkBass. He's a former Genz employee (now at Mesa) and has offered continued Genz support.

Plus one regarding Agedhorse. He helped me out when my GB needed repair. The guys at Fender sorted out the repair but only able to do it because they found another amp & took the part that I needed from it ! I asked about parts for the future & the guy shrugged & had no idea if it would be possible.
I decided to sell my GB after that which was & still is a major bummer. Best amp I've ever owned. I hope you get sorted.

I emailed KMC a bit earlier - emailing Genz Benz just goes to Fender who then say that they've flogged it and to get in touch with Chris Cretella at KMC (see post #1).

His reply:

Hello,

There is currently no plan for Genz Benz to go back into production.

Best,
Chris

So that's it then. A sad end to Genz Benz. Looks like there's a few companies who could use "F$cked by Fender" as their slogan...