Why become a member? ×

Help with "selector" pedal please

Huge Hands

Dear all,

I have spent many years playing bass but not bothering with pedals and going straight into my amp. However, last year, I bought a Zoom B1Xon and have been mainly been using it for the volume pedal so that I can do some dynamic control (I play a bit of traditional/classic stuff in a couple of concert bands). It works well for me, but I would like to be able to have my EUB and guitar plugged up constantly and select what goes into the Zoom without replugging as there is one piece which has about 8 bars rest and it would be good to swap between the two quickly. I also think that I would like the flexibility of being able, in the future, to send whichever I select to two separate outputs, such as one for effects and one for clean, should I fancy the Ben Folds Five type of distortion over the bass!

I also have to think that I have great big clod-hopping size 12 shopes, so the unit has to be sturdy and the selectors spaced out enough for me to be able to not press everything at once!

I had a look around the web and saw the Morley Quad Box. This seems to do the two inputs to one or two outputs thing I'm looking for, but there does seem to be a lot of A/B devices on the market that could be just as good or better.

Does anyone have any comments on the Morley and whether there is anything more suitable? I guess what I am ultimately looking for is an A/B switch with two outputs where one goes to the amp and one is a insert kind of thing with return for effects that could be mixed back in with the clean at the pedal, if that makes sense? Does something like that exist?

Any help would be appreciated!