Why become a member? ×

Why I LOVE my Rickenbacker

bigd1

This is a better thread. It is nice to see some positivity, I personally would never buy one, but it is nice to see people happy with their instrument. There are no real reasons , apart from price to stop me buying one. I guess i should really try one to see .Perhaps i will have to persue that avenue.

I loved my Ric, but I had to sell it. :(

Bought a Fender MIC Jazz to replace it, which was then quickly replaced with a RickenFaker.

My Faker is superb, but I would still love to have another Ric (or the money to be able to afford another Ric!).

I love mine too. One in particular feels just right. I don't know why and I could imagine that another player would pick it up and wonder what I saw in it, but it's right for me and that's what counts. It's been wonderfully versatile for me - in the past twelve months it's been equally at home on a punk EP and a country album.

You don't have to justify it at all
I looked at this thread, just because I've seen so much anti-Rick nonsense on here lately
and I wanted to read some positive stuff

I once had a Faker - a Shaftesbury, which was absolutely brilliant :)
also had a Rick at one time, but for the sake of comfortable playing (and this includes several other brands of bass)
I've moved towards a Jazz profile neck

I still love the look and sound of a Rick
They look great, and can sound awesome
When I listen to one of my fave albums ever - the Black Album, by the Damned (bass by Paul Gray)
and anything by the Jam - I just don't think any other bass can quite sound the same.....

I wish Rickenbacker weren't so over-zealous re copies
but that's just my opinion.....

As I said - you don't have to justify your Rick to anyone
Just enjoy it.... and it's great to hear from someone who does :)

EDIT: Gelfin on this fine forum has a Rick he challenges anyone to play, and not like
and you know what? - It's a lovely bass, super comfortable and with that distinct Rick tone
Although I have too many basses already, I'd buy it from him, if he wanted to sell.....

Edited by Marc S

[quote name='BassBus' timestamp='1427215060' post='2727352']
I once fancied a Ric so I wrote to Geddy Lee and asked if he would sell me his as he doesn't use it anymore. He's a good guy. He wrote back and said; "No you can't". Trouble was he couldn't spell can't.
[/quote]
:)
I nearly choked on my coffee you daft bugger

I tried a friend's Ric many years back and I didn't really get on with it.

But I still really want one, for this reason:

[quote name='Marc S' timestamp='1427215242' post='2727360']
When I listen to one of my fave albums ever - the Black Album, by the Damned (bass by Paul Gray)
[/quote]

[quote name='BassBus' timestamp='1427215060' post='2727352']
I once fancied a Ric so I wrote to Geddy Lee and asked if he would sell me his as he doesn't use it anymore. He's a good guy. He wrote back and said; "No you can't". Trouble was he couldn't spell can't.
[/quote]

Nice work. :lol:

My father in law (sadly no longer with us) used to live in Flint Cottage. He received a letter from the Inland revenue addressed to him at "Funt Cottage" which annoyed him intensely. When I asked why it bothered him so much, he drily remarked "I don't know, but I suppose It's a good job my name's not Clint Eastwood, really".

I am sorry but for £1500 you can get a decent car or some shoes or possibly Jesus or Hitler, Rick's are awful, you must not buy one under any circustances or you heads will all fall off...don't say recent threads haven't warned you. :ph34r:

I really like the current red ones, they give me major GAS :)