Why become a member? ×

Barefaced current waiting time?

LewisK1975

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Hey all, frequent reader but new poster here - Just wondering if any recent recipients of a Barefaced cab would be willing to share what their waiting time was like - I put a deposit on 2 super compacts and I'm quite excited to get my mitts on them..just wondering how long people have been waiting from deposit payment date to delivery in the last couple of months..[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I know it says on the website the current time is about 2-3 weeks, just wondering if that is actually what their current turn times are..[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]BTW I'm not bitching here! Just excited![/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Cheers All![/font][/color]

I'd believe ye website as it's very recently updated.

My wait was about two months but that was way back at the end of 2013.

Super Compacts are (IMO) the best bass cab I've ever used. I know others don't like them but for me they are exceptional. Enjoy :)

[quote name='LewisK1975' timestamp='1427232059' post='2727775']
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Hey all, frequent reader but new poster here - Just wondering if any recent recipients of a Barefaced cab would be willing to share what their waiting time was like - I put a deposit on 2 super compacts and I'm quite excited to get my mitts on them..just wondering how long people have been waiting from deposit payment date to delivery in the last couple of months..[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I know it says on the website the current time is about 2-3 weeks, just wondering if that is actually what their current turn times are..[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]BTW I'm not bitching here! Just excited![/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Cheers All![/font][/color]
[/quote]

Mine was 4 months. I was supposed to get a Barefaced voucher to apologise for the delay, I never received one (despite a reminder email to Alex).
I may buy another Barefaced cab in the future (as they are excellent). But it will be secondhand, not direct from Barefaced, as I can't be bothered by the hassle and lack of communication.

Edited by gjones

[quote name='gjones' timestamp='1427237557' post='2727885']Mine was 4 months. I was supposed to get a Barefaced voucher to apologise for the delay, I never received one (despite a reminder email to Alex).[/quote]

I'd forgotten about the vouchers - it's not been an easy few years! I'll go back through the customers we offered them to and get them sent out. Sorry again - switching over to in-house CNC based production, developing the Gen 3 models and then moving the factory stretched us to our limits and customer service ended up slipping during that period as we had to prioritise basic survival of the business by not running out of money. Hopefully those growing pains are over!

Edited by alexclaber

I waited over 5 months, paid for it right away and then got an invoice for payment just before delivery. A little peeved about that side of the business, but when it arrived, it was well worth it.
It's a super twin and quite simply the best sounding cab I've ever had !

These wait times aren't really that bad... I seem to have mixed luck with custom builders but as mentioned above sometimes just keeping the business ticking over takes priority, I can understand that. These boutique manufacturers are offering a product that you cannot get from a commercial manufacturer so if you want one, you have no choice but to put up with a bit of delay if things happen behind the scenes.

What gets me is the lack of communication... Like people would rather avoid confrontation by just keeping quiet about delays.

I ordered my current cabs from Purple Chili and was quoted a 6 week buildtime, they arrived on time, but this is my only experience of a custom build arriving when quoted. I've no reason to believe my Wal will be late as I've been sent regular updates but my Peterbuilt is 3 months overdue and counting and the less said about the letts bass I ordered a while back the better...

Sorry, I didn't mean I was bothered by the wait. Alex told me right at the start that it would be a while, so I was not at all bothered by that. I just wanted to let the op know how long it took.
No, my only gripe, and it was a tiny little gripe, was the fact that I was asked to pay again . This was very quickly settled with absolutely no hassle, so it wasn't really that much of a gripe. In fact I'm wondering why I even mentioned it.

I'll get my coat

Thanks for the responses guys, but what I'm really looking for is the CURRENT average waiting time. Sounds like most of you ordered last year or earlier.

Is there anyone who's ordered in the last 6-8 weeks who'd be willing to answer?

Cheers! (again - I'm not bitching! Just excited to get 'em)

[quote name='alexclaber' timestamp='1427288629' post='2728296']
Vouchers sent to those who were offered them, only 2 1/2 years late! :(

ubit, we don't ask customers for full payment until their cab is in production, so if someone has chosen to pay the full amount up front it is not the norm, hence the mistake, sorry.
[/quote]

Absolutely no problem Alex, you were a perfect gentleman right through the process ;)

2.5 weeks from face to face order to delivery for my Retro Two10.
Exactly what I was told at the time and no problem, although I was a little painful regarding delivery as I had a gig booked and I needed to line up a substitute if it hadn't arrived on time.
It did and its grand. :D

Edited by Jazzneck

[quote name='alexclaber' timestamp='1427272464' post='2728020']
I'd forgotten about the vouchers - it's not been an easy few years! I'll go back through the customers we offered them to and get them sent out. Sorry again - switching over to in-house CNC based production, developing the Gen 3 models and then moving the factory stretched us to our limits and customer service ended up slipping during that period as we had to prioritise basic survival of the business by not running out of money. Hopefully those growing pains are over!
[/quote]

I got your email with the voucher Alex. Many thanks.

[quote name='KiOgon' timestamp='1427306825' post='2728676']
As Alex has visited & had input here I thought he would have answered the OP's question :unsure:
[/quote]

I said it would be only a couple of weeks or so when he ordered and nothing has changed! I thought he was asking others to see how long they waited?

[quote name='alexclaber' timestamp='1427311433' post='2728792']
I said it would be only a couple of weeks or so when he ordered and nothing has changed! I thought he was asking others to see how long they waited?
[/quote]Fair enough, it just struck me as strange that you hadn't commented on the expected date.

Guest monsterthompson

Definitely a bumpy period and growing pains. The change in production, the injured staff, the new products (both the 10" and the PA cabs). I think Alex and the boys are genuinely trying and doing their best to minimize the frustrations. My wait time wasn't bad to get a cab in the US last fall.

[quote name='alexclaber' timestamp='1427311433' post='2728792']

[/quote]

That's right Alex, I was only trying to find out how long others had waited in recent times. Like I repeatedly pointed out, I'm not complaining about waiting at all. To be clear, I only ordered and paid my deposit 10 days ago. I'm just excited to get the cabs! But thanks for replying anyway Alex.

Just to keep this up to date - got a message from Alex last night saying one of my cabs is nearly ready and the other a couple of days behind. Alex told me in the initial emails I exchanged with him that I'd be looking at a couple of weeks wait and it's been 15 days since I paid my deposit. Pretty accurate I'd say! Excited much? Indeed!!