Why become a member? ×

Is there such thing as a Power Conditioner/Power strip with DC outlets on it as well as IEC?

RustInPeace90

Really as the title says, i'm a bit sick of having to run my wireless off of a separate damn plug socket than everything else which runs off my rack power conditioner.

Yes i could just "get another wireless" but the one I would want to get is £400 so that's out of the question! OR are there other wireless kits that run off a standard "kettle lead" IEC socket? GAH

I'm currently using a Samson PB-10Pro power condition to power everything in my rack. It's brilliant but the wireless thing is annoying me

Any help?
Please?
My OCD is destroying my soul here...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DC-12v-PA-130-PA4-PA-40-Mains-Power-Supply-Adapter-Adaptor-for-Yamaha-Keyboard-/391065952973?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item5b0d58e2cd

This is what I would use - change the plug to the IEC end and then the actual power block can be cable tied/velcroed out of the way in the back of the rack, with enough lead to get to your wireless unit. In fact, I got one of these PSUs running three sennheiser units in a rack (daisy chained the power).

I've used this seller - bang on - and the PSUs are stupidly light.

I think icastle was talking about making up a lead with a socket on the end to plug your adapter into with a lead them coming from the socket that would then go into your power conditioner. Equally, it'd work but it is a bit cumbersome and a big more weighty.

Edited by EBS_freak

[quote name='EBS_freak' timestamp='1427316722' post='2728919']
I think icastle was talking about making up a lead with a socket on the end to plug your adapter into with a lead them coming from the socket that would then go into your power conditioner. Equally, it'd work but it is a bit cumbersome and a big more weighty.
[/quote]

It was, but your way is certainly neater and tidier. :)

My apologies, i read the first reply totally wrong. At the moment, i've been using a single extension lead that i swapped the plug end off for an IEC end (from Maplin!) so it plugs in to my power conditioner. This is all well and good but it keeps moving about. If i could mount it to the side of the case then it wouldn't be an issue but i don't want to drill in to the case or end up getting an electric shock some how haha.

I'll have to have a think over it, i may just bite the bullet and drill the holes in the case then use 2 much longer screws to go through the case then in to the 2 cover screw holes on the extension plug.

Although i'll be honest, i am VERY tempted to go for EBS_Freaks idea and get one of those PSUs. Seems like a good idea for it all.

I'm just being far too "clean freak" over it all...

I am actually currently building a rack mount DC power supply. It has four transformers in it, three of which have dual secondaries at 12v which will be regulated to 9v, and a separate 12v transformer for lighting. The output is a 25 way D-Sub socket that goes through a 5m cable to supply the regulator and filter section of my pedalboard PSU. This is so that there is no AC near the pedalboard.

Anyhoo, as I don't yet have a proper power strip in my rack to run the actual rack, I have a normal extension power strip cable tied to the brackets on the back of the rack, so that it doesn't move around.