Why become a member? ×

Restrung - Wyn Bass Documentary

Cameronj279

Not sure if this goes here or in OT, mods feel free to switch it if need be!

Just got round to watching this documentary as it's just been put up in full on YouTube.

Really enjoyed it and he seems to have a real passion for building basses. Would love to try one too, sound pretty great!

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNACNx5UlR8"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNACNx5UlR8[/url]

That was bloody brilliant, I love seeing behind the scenes of instrument makers. Phenomenal looking instruments, really impressive and that is about as hand made as you can get.

Right how much are they......

[quote name='Drax' timestamp='1427557347' post='2731734']
Didn't intend to but just sat through the whole of that. What a great guy
[/quote]

That's one of the main things that really kept me watching. He seems like a thoroughly nice bloke.

His prices actually don't seem too crazy either...

[quote name='Cameronj279' timestamp='1427557541' post='2731736']
That's one of the main things that really kept me watching. He seems like a thoroughly nice bloke.

His prices actually don't seem too crazy either...
[/quote]

No they really don't - given it's just 1 guy and no CNC. Truly handbuilt. There's always something very genuine about great luthiers - passionate about the instruments, not the business

• 3 months later...

Bumping this up as I just watched this documentary yesterday. Incredibly inspiring stuff.

Actually I put it on while at work and wasn't really paying attention - not even to Abe Laboriel! It was the bass playing and bass sound about 6-7 minutes in that caught my ear (a bit of digging revealed it'a a guy called Rich Moore playing his Wyn with the Mark Lalama Trio - tasty! I now NEED to get some wenge back in my life!). Wound it back to the start and watched the whole thing, followed by all 16 of the "steps to build a bass" series.

• 2 months later...

Well I'm well late, but here's something well worth the bump.
What a super nice and incredibly inspiring/modest bloke.
Like DRAX, I took a quick look at this with no intention of watching it all and 55 mins later, there I still was.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNACNx5UlR8

Edited by SICbass

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...