Why become a member? ×

Guitar Guitar problems anyone ?

geofio

Purchased a bass for my Grandson from guitar guitar, it was a squire bass ideal for someone starting to play !!! the bass arrived i plugged it in to check it out and the pickup was faulty.
called guitar guitar in Epsom where the bass came from, what a horrible experience the first thing the guy on the phone said if we get the bass back and it is not faulty it will cost you £29 for picking the bass up !!!
i thought what an attitude, not even an apology or how can we sort that for you nope , its gonna cost you was the first words, sent the bass back and was proven faulty by their experts ??!!
so i thought no problem money back . nope, i paid by paypal as it was convenient at the time, he told me and he had great pleasure in doing so the refund will take 7-10 days and possibly 30 days, i said why ?? you were paid instantly with my cash why is the refund not the same, he said i was at the back of the queue !!! really i said, how many faulty basses do yo have? he didn't reply.
i had a fight on my hands to get MY money back, they held on to it for 4 days, then they finally got fed up with me and refunded the money so just be aware if you buy online with guitar guitar and have a problem item they will try and hang onto your dosh for no reason.

This is the exact opposite of my experience! I had a TC head that went bang (literally) after a week. When I rang GG the first thing the guy asked was whether I was ok. Then he arranged for a next-day pickup of the dead amp from my work, and I had a replacement within a week.

I wonder if it makes a difference in the way you are treated in person in the shop ? my experience was via telephone, i have purchased thousands of pounds worth of basses from Guitar Guitar in Glasgow where i am treated very well, i just found this phone experience very annoying and totally unhelpful. it has made wonder about spending any more money with the Glasgow shop.

My experience of GuitarGuitar has always been utterly superb. So much so, I try to buy all my stuff (new) from them, knowing if there is a problem, it will not be an issue. I'd be asking to speak to a manager, stuff always gets sorted when you go above!

[quote name='White Cloud' timestamp='1427408407' post='2730167']
That is a bummer and a real pity. I'm surprised to read this...I have dealt with them a few times and they have been very, very good.
[/quote]

I second this.

If you're buying from Guitarx2 again and they don't have what you want in the Glasgow store they can get it delivered to the store for you (they done that for a pedalboard/power supply for me). I've had no issues in store when returning anything (although only done it once).

Recently bought a pedal online from guitarguitar with 'free' delivery, didn't like it so sent it back which cost me £5, they refunded but took £6.99 off for delivery charges :( .. I was not happy as it cost me £12 to try a pedal out. I emailed expressing this but tho apologetic they still deducted their 'free' postage. They do state this in their terms & conditions but who always reads the small print ...

I also bought a pedal off GAK & sent it back as I didn't like it .. it cost me to post back to them but I got a full refund :) .. I didn't read their small print either ...

[quote name='geofio' timestamp='1427412574' post='2730242']
I wonder if it makes a difference in the way you are treated in person in the shop ? my experience was via telephone, i have purchased thousands of pounds worth of basses from Guitar Guitar in Glasgow where i am treated very well, i just found this phone experience very annoying and totally unhelpful. it has made wonder about spending any more money with the Glasgow shop.
[/quote]

Mine was a distance purchase.

I know someone who works at GG in Epsom and he's a top guy.

Call the manager and explain, without getting overly emotional, what happened.

If you've got the name of the guy who served you then that's even better.

They should really give you a big apology and sort things out amicably and have a quiet word with the sales assistant.

In a perfect world they sort out your problems, the sales guy gets a lesson in customer service and doesn't act like this again and hurt the store's reputation :)