Why become a member? ×

GONE! Dingwall Super J £1500
£1700

cammymaxwellbass

Hi everyone,
Up for sale is my Dingwall Super J 4 string in natural finish for what I believe to be a reasonable FINAL DROP TO £1500.
I'm sure you all know what these basses do, sound wise it's very versatile - the pickup selector between series/parallel is particularly useful. The overall quality of the instrument is second to none.
The condition is excellent.
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Specs:[/font][/color][list]
[*]swamp ash body with tone chambers
[*]natural finish
[*]Maple neck - satin finish
[*]maple fretboard - 34.25" - 32" scale
[*]Pearl Blocks
[*]Novax® Fanned -Fret System™
[*]FD4 pickups (but also chambered to accommodate a P style pickup if desired)
[*]passive Preamp - Volume, Pickup selector (bridge/both series/both parallel/neck), tone
[*]Chrome Custom Bridge
[*]Chrome Hipshot ultralight tuners
[*]weight 7lbs 7oz/3.4kg
[*]Original gig bag, spec card and tools
[/list]
I'm selling because I'm moving more and more onto upright, and need a travel bass for touring. Also I just think I'm a flat wounds guy - this currently has Elixirs on it but I'll include the stock rounds that came with it. Also comes in the Dingwall branded Levi's gig bag, spare screws for bridge (2 types) and the original Dunlop strap pins.
*edit from previous post: after consulting the tech guys at Dingwall (who are suspiciously good at replying by the way!) I've had the neck pickup rewired in series to match the bridge pickup. This has changed the sound to a more 'thunderous' Precision-ish tone, rather than a very mid scooped sound when it was in parallel. This is a very simple job with a soldering iron to redo if you like, but in my opinion has made the (solo'd) neck pickup usable, whereas before I didn't really like it. I can forward on the wiring diagram and correspondence to the buyer for future reference.
Any questions please fire 'em at me. Happy to ship at buyers expense.
Cheers!
Cameron
ps. [color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]bit nervous about not having a backup, so could be open to a partial trade, something Precisiony with around a grand my way would be ideal - feel free to pm [/font][/color] :)

Edited by cammymaxwellbass

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Funky Dunky' timestamp='1435781656' post='2812464']
Wow, if that's your backup, what's your main bass?

How do you get on with the fanned frets?
[/quote]

Ha, main bass for everything is a stack knob JPJ overwater - been playing it on everything since I got it and basically everything else feels all wrong now...
the fanned frets are great, and the money end is extremely natural. Higher up is a bit more awkward, but no more than going to a short scale or something.
ultimately for me I think I like just being a one bass guy wherever possible, and I did think seriously about making the dingwall my main instrument, but the overwater won on versatility and familiarity :)
Sorry for the long winded waffle, it's late...
Cam

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...